- Rounds of SD, Hoeven of ND part of Former Governors Caucus Updated: May-02-15 9:04 am
WASHINGTON - South Dakota Sen. Mike Rounds will be co-chairman of a congressional group called the Former Governors Caucus that also includes North Dakota Sen. John Hoeven.
- Fee proposed on rail cars that haul oil, other flammables Updated: Apr-30-15 6:15 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - U.S. senators from six states on Thursday proposed that the government charge companies a special fee to ship oil, ethanol and other flammable liquids in older railroad tank cars that have been involved in fiery explosions.
- Former Va. AG Ken Cuccinelli stays active in state politics Updated: Apr-29-15 4:39 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Since leaving elected office at the beginning of last year, former Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli has helped start an oyster farm, sued the National Security Administration, led a U.S. Senate-focused conservative political action committee and founded a law firm specializes in representing guns owners.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Dems push higher pay for Senate workers Updated: Apr-28-15 1:47 am
WASHINGTON - Reports about a Senate cafeteria worker who makes so little money he is homeless are prompting calls for change from Democrats on Capitol Hill.
- State Democrats talk presidential politics, state comeback Updated: Apr-24-15 10:43 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Democrats launched their annual convention weekend insistent they can return to power in this GOP-dominated state.
- Planned Fort Pickett security center moving forward Updated: Apr-24-15 10:31 am
BLACKSTONE, Virginia - A planned training center at Fort Pickett for U.S. diplomatic personnel assigned to high-threat areas has taken a big step forward.
- Mark Warner, Lincoln Chafee to address SC Democrats Updated: Apr-24-15 4:34 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Virginia Sen. Mark Warner is among those scheduled to address a gathering of South Carolina Democrats this weekend.
- Connecticut Democrats face tough choice opposing trade deal Updated: Apr-22-15 1:18 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Rep. Rosa DeLauro, a liberal stalwart from New Haven, finds herself in an unusual spot: She's fiercely opposed to President Barack Obama on a key issue.
- Long-term care issue hits close to home for Sen. Warner Updated: Apr-18-15 10:38 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Five years after U.S. Sen. Mark Warner's mother died of Alzheimer's, he is still haunted by what he might have done differently for her - if only he had known her wishes.
- Congressional delegation backs cyber unit at Michigan base Updated: Apr-12-15 6:26 pm
BATTLE CREEK, Michigan - All 16 members of Michigan's congressional delegation are asking the Department of Defense to locate a Cyber Operations Squadron at the Air National Guard base in Battle Creek.