- Fed Chair Yellen defends Fed's low-rate policies Updated: Nov-23-15 5:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen says while many savers have been frustrated by years of low interest rates, the rock-bottom rates were needed to boost the economy after the Great Recession.
- House approves GOP-led bill to boost Fed oversight Updated: Nov-19-15 3:10 pm
WASHINGTON - The Republican-controlled House approved a bill Thursday that supporters said would make the Federal Reserve more transparent and accountable, defying a veto threat.
- Fannie Mae posts $2B profit for 3Q; paying $2.2B dividend Updated: Nov-05-15 8:59 am
WASHINGTON - Mortgage giant Fannie Mae reported net income of $2 billion for the July-September period, down from $3.9 billion a year earlier.
- Business Highlights Updated: Nov-04-15 5:57 pm
- Trump: Fed keeping interest rates low to help Obama Updated: Nov-03-15 5:20 pm
NEW YORK - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Tuesday that the Federal Reserve is keeping interest rates low at the behest of President Barack Obama, a charge the White House disputed.
- Fed official: Central bank has made no decision on rate hike Updated: Oct-30-15 3:27 pm
WASHINGTON - A voting member of the Federal Reserve cautioned Friday that the Fed has yet to decide when to raise interest rates even though it issued a statement this week that said a rate hike was possible in December.
- Why central banks are accepting the risks of super-low rates Updated: Oct-27-15 1:07 pm
WASHINGTON - Six years after the Great Recession ended, the world's major central banks still seem to be in crisis mode - keeping interest rates near all-time lows to try to fuel economic growth.