- The Latest: Pope arriving at his final event in Paraguay Updated: Jul-12-15 5:12 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - Here are the latest developments from Pope Francis' trip to South America:
- Bolivia: Gift of 'Communist crucifix to pope not political Updated: Jul-10-15 12:05 am
SANTA CRUZ, Bolivia - The Vatican and Bolivia both insist no offense was intended or taken when President Evo Morales gave Pope Francis a "Communist crucifix" as gift during his visit to this South American nation.
- Pope Francis on home turf urges defense of poor and planet Updated: Jul-05-15 9:16 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Latin America's first pope returned to Spanish-speaking South America for the first time Sunday, stressing the need to protect the poor and the environment from exploitation and to foster dialogue among all sectors of society.
- Pope brings 'church for the poor' to South America's poorest Updated: Jul-02-15 8:19 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis is taking his "church for the poor" to three of South America's poorest and most peripheral countries, making a grueling, week-long trip that will showcase the pope at his unpredictable best: speaking his native Spanish on his home turf about issues closest to his heart.
- Vatican doesn't rule out pope might chew Bolivian coca Updated: Jun-30-15 1:26 pm
VATICAN CITY - The Vatican isn't ruling out that Pope Francis might chew coca leaves - or at least sip tea made from them - to fend off altitude sickness when he arrives in Bolivia next week.