- Gov. Brownback signs bill to end dispute over fantasy sports Updated: May-19-15 7:53 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Republican Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback has signed a bill clarifying the legality of fantasy sports leagues.
- Kansas governor says using private email, cell is simpler Updated: May-18-15 4:56 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Under scrutiny for using private email and cellphones for official communications, Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback said Monday that he has engaged in the practice since he was a U.S. senator.
- Brownback has used private email to communicate with staff Updated: May-16-15 8:16 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback uses a private email address to communicate with his staff and others, a newspaper reported Saturday, raising concerns about the availability of much of his communication under the state's open records law.
- Kansas legislators approve bill legalizing fantasy sports Updated: May-08-15 12:05 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Fantasy sports would be declared a game of skill in Kansas so they wouldn't be illegal under a measure that won final legislative approval Thursday.
- State receives 100,000th application for concealed carry Updated: May-05-15 7:17 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Attorney General Derek Schmidt says the state has received 100,000 applications for its concealed carry program.
- Kansas AG's office: Abortion lawsuit costs known for weeks Updated: Apr-29-15 5:04 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt's office says legislators have known for weeks that the state could spend up to $450,000 to defend a new law banning a procedure common in second trimester abortions.