- Kansas lawmakers pledge support for transparency legislation Updated: Feb-03-16 4:46 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas lawmakers are pledging support for a bill that would open up private emails sent by public employees about government business.
- Kansas AG: Debate over courts to go on until voters step in Updated: Feb-02-16 1:56 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas legislators aren't going to end a decade-long debate over remaking the state Supreme Court until they put a ballot question on how the justices are selected before voters, Attorney General Derek Schmidt told Republican lawmakers Tuesday.
- Appeals court: Kansas Constitution protects abortion rights Updated: Jan-22-16 8:29 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The Kansas Court of Appeals refused Friday to implement the state's first-in-the-nation ban on a common second-trimester abortion method, ruling in a split but groundbreaking decision that the conservative state's constitution protects abortion rights independently from the U.S. Constitution.
- The Latest: As Kansas court blocks law, governor is honored Updated: Jan-22-16 6:45 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The latest on the Kansas Court of Appeals decision on whether to allow the state's first-in-the-nation ban on a common second-trimester abortion method (all times local):
- Kansas cutting off Medicaid funds for Planned Parenthood Updated: Jan-12-16 9:20 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas will prevent Planned Parenthood from receiving any funds through its Medicaid program, Gov. Sam Brownback announced Tuesday in a State of the State address that encouraged state legislators to enshrine such a policy into law.