- Malloy, businesses sidestep minimum wage battle Updated: Mar-05-14 12:26 pm
- Chafee to travel to Connecticut for Obama speech Updated: Mar-05-14 11:39 am
- US drug leader says Vt. can lead on opiate issue Updated: Mar-03-14 5:47 pm
- 3 Democratic governors talk up higher minimum wage Updated: Mar-02-14 2:13 pm
- Doctor to chair panel probing Vt. child's death Updated: Feb-28-14 7:43 pm
- US Senate panel to hold Vt. hearing on heroin Updated: Feb-28-14 12:29 pm
- Governors: 'Obamacare' here to stay Updated: Feb-23-14 8:27 pm
- NJ's Christie keeps low profile as Dems attack Updated: Feb-22-14 4:33 pm
- Vt. law protects tenants' access to water Updated: Feb-20-14 5:13 pm
- Vt. GOP leaders see possible health fraud Updated: Feb-19-14 7:52 pm
- Vt. Senate passes bill on prisoner probes Updated: Feb-11-14 2:01 pm
- Northern New England tackles growing drug problem Updated: Feb-09-14 9:28 pm
- Single-payer health care a hot topic for Vt. GOP Updated: Feb-08-14 5:49 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy pitched his economic development agenda on Wednesday to Connecticut's largest business group, but the sides avoided a looming fight over his demand that the legislature raise the state's minimum wage.
WATERBURY, Vermont - Vermont's efforts to fight heroin and opiate abuse can serve as a model for the rest of the country, the nation's top anti-drug official said Monday during a visit to the state Department of Public Safety.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Three Democratic governors are talking up a higher minimum wage just days before appearing with President Barack Obama in a Connecticut visit focusing on state and federal efforts on the issue.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A Burlington pediatrician will chair an independent panel that will investigate the state's role leading up to the death of a 2-year-old Poultney girl, the administration of Gov. Peter Shumlin said Friday.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - U.S. Senate Patrick Leahy says the Senate Judiciary Committee will be holding a field hearing in Vermont on the fight against heroin and opiate addiction.
WASHINGTON - The explosive politics of health care have divided the nation, but America's governors, Republicans and Democrats alike, suggest that President Barack Obama's health care overhaul is here to stay.
WASHINGTON - Moving cautiously to repair his image, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is maintaining a low profile this weekend as the nation's governors gather in Washington.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin signed a bill Thursday that ensures tenants have access to water even if their landlord doesn't pay the water bill.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - State House and Senate Republican leaders on Wednesday asked the Vermont federal prosecutor's office to investigate possible fraud by the firm that has been working with the state to build the Vermont Health Connect insurance exchange website.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Senate on Tuesday passed a bill to clarify the role of the defender general in investigating problems in Vermont's prison system, following complaints the office was hampered in investigating a prison suicide last year.
AUGUSTA, Maine - In the rural towns and cities of northern New England, a rising drug-abuse problem is overwhelming law enforcement, affecting hundreds of infants each year and sparking calls to action by state leaders who say enough is enough.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont's top Republican isn't ready to hop on board with calls for candidates in his party to speak out against single-payer health care. It remains to be seen how the lieutenant governor's more cautious approach will affect other GOP candidates and the party as a whole.