- Former Vt. Gov. Douglas hits deer on interstate Updated: Dec-10-13 4:19 pm
- Vt. Gov. Shumlin lowers flags to honor Mandela Updated: Dec-06-13 10:25 am
- Vt. US Sen. Leahy, Gov. Shumlin tout food program Updated: Dec-02-13 6:13 pm
- Money for housing assistance draws concern in Vt. Updated: Dec-02-13 4:25 pm
- Bill would make Vt. 1st state to drop oil stocks Updated: Nov-24-13 12:23 pm
- Vt., Planned Parenthood settle campaign complaints Updated: Nov-19-13 3:29 pm
COLCHESTER, Vermont - Former Vermont Gov. Jim Douglas' first comment Tuesday after Vermont State Police issued a statement saying he had hit a deer on Interstate 89 was: "Oh deer."
BARRE, Vermont - U.S. Sen. Patrick Leahy urged Congress on Monday to block proposed cuts to the federal food stamp program.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A proposal to triple the amount of money that Vermont is devoting to emergency housing assistance drew concern from a key lawmaker Monday.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - To Sen. Anthony Pollina, it makes sense that if Vermont wants to strike a blow against climate change, it should have its pension funds divest from oil, coal and other fossil fuel companies.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - An affiliate of Planned Parenthood of Northern New England will pay $30,000 to the state of Vermont to settle a claim that it violated the state's campaign finance laws in 2010.