- Begich says he doesn't support a carbon tax Updated: Mar-04-14 6:29 pm
- Texas Gov. Perry avoids 2016 talk in Iowa Updated: Feb-27-14 7:31 pm
- Top Senate Dem: Koch brothers are un-American Updated: Feb-26-14 7:56 pm
- Bills strengthen campaign finance reporting laws Updated: Feb-20-14 8:10 pm
- Vulnerable Democrats try straddle on 'Obamacare' Updated: Feb-08-14 3:19 am
- Opposition pledge sought to La. Medicaid expansion Updated: Feb-06-14 1:59 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Mark Begich's campaign is running radio ads taking aim at Charles Koch and David Koch, the billionaire backers of the conservative group Americans for Prosperity.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Texas Gov. Rick Perry returned to Iowa Thursday for a visit he said was focused on helping the state's Republican governor seek re-election - and not on a potential 2016 presidential bid of his own.
WASHINGTON - The Senate's top Democrat criticized a pair of billionaire brothers in unusually harsh terms Wednesday, accusing the conservative duo of being "un-American," spreading lies about President Barack Obama's health care overhaul and lacking a conscience.
SACRAMENTO, California - Lawmakers approved a pair of bills Thursday to strengthen the authority of California's campaign watchdog agency and require political nonprofits to reveal their donors, changes that will be in effect for this year's elections if signed into law by the governor.
WASHINGTON - Hit with a multimillion-dollar barrage of televised attacks, Democrats in tough re-election races want credit for trying to fix the problematic parts of the health care law at the same time they claim bragging rights for its popular provisions and allege Republicans will reverse the law's crackdown on insurance company abuses.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A national tea party group organizing in Louisiana is asking lawmakers to pledge their opposition to Democrats' efforts to expand the state Medicaid program under President Barack Obama's health law.