- Correction: Nigeria-Fuel Crisis story Updated: May-25-15 8:38 am
LAGOS, Nigeria - In a story May 25 about Nigeria's fuel crisis, The Associated Press erroneously reported that the country produces more than 2 billion barrels of oil a day. The correct figure is more than 2 million barrels a day.
- Nigerian senator-elect wanted for US drug deal 'arrested' Updated: May-23-15 4:38 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigerian drug agents Saturday surrounded the house of a senator-elect wanted by the United States in a nearly 20-year-old heroin deal that was the alleged basis for the TV hit "Orange is the New Black."
- Investment to Nigeria down by a third in first quarter Updated: May-19-15 12:14 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - Foreign investment to Nigeria fell by nearly a third with the United States a "key driver" of the decline in the first quarter of 2015, compared to the same period last year, the National Bureau of Statistics said.
- Nigerian troops who fled Boko Haram now have them on the run Updated: May-06-15 4:47 am
YOLA, Nigeria - A year ago, a dozen Nigerian troops fighting about 200 Boko Haram militants in the town of Chibok exhausted their ammunition and ran, leaving the road open for the abduction of nearly 300 girls.
- Africa's richest economy surviving on borrowed cash Updated: May-05-15 6:13 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - Africa's richest economy is borrowing money to pay salaries as it struggles through a "difficult cash crunch" brought on by halved oil prices, Nigeria's finance minister revealed Tuesday.