- Indiana GOP voters pick between differing styles for Senate Updated: May-03-16 2:55 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Republicans will choose a U.S. Senate nominee on Tuesday from two congressmen who rode a tea party wave to Washington in 2010 but now offer voters a stark style choice of either confrontation or pragmatism.
- Indiana GOP to choose confrontation or pragmatism for Senate Updated: May-02-16 6:14 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Republicans will choose a U.S. Senate nominee on Tuesday from two congressmen who rode the tea party wave to Washington in 2010 but now offer voters a stark style choice of confrontation or pragmatism.
- Republicans beginning to make peace with Trump as nominee Updated: Apr-29-16 5:42 pm
WASHINGTON - They thought it was impossible. Some still fear it. Others can barely believe it. But leading Republicans are beginning to accept the idea that Donald Trump will be their party's presidential nominee.
- Stutzman, Young near end of biting GOP Senate campaign Updated: Apr-29-16 2:08 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The farmer versus the U.S. Marine - those are the wholesome self-portraits the two candidates seeking Indiana's Republican nomination for U.S. Senate have tried their best to paint for voters ahead of Tuesday's primary election.
- House again approves DC private school voucher program Updated: Apr-29-16 11:54 am
WASHINGTON - The House has voted again to reauthorize the nation's only federally funded private school voucher program, which is open to students in the District of Columbia.
- Wealthy first-time candidates seek Indiana GOP Congress bids Updated: Apr-26-16 3:03 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Wealthy first-time candidates are working to elbow their way past crowded fields of experienced officeholders in the Republican primaries for two open Indiana congressional seats.
- Recent editorials from Texas newspapers Updated: Apr-19-16 8:48 pm
Houston Chronicle. April 16, 2016.
- Young, Stutzman try to distinguish selves from each other Updated: Apr-18-16 9:57 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Republican Senate candidates Marlin Stutzman and Todd Young, who have both run as stalwart conservatives, tried to distinguish themselves from each other on foreign and domestic policy during a debate Monday that largely mimicked the outsider versus establishment dispute engulfing the GOP presidential primary.
- Capitol plot suspect appears competent; Nov. 1 trial set Updated: Apr-18-16 7:53 pm
CINCINNATI - A suburban Cincinnati man, the beard and long hair he had when arrested gone, has been calling himself again by his birth name and appears competent to stand trial on charges that he plotted to attack the U.S. Capitol in support of the Islamic State group, according to testimony Monday.
- GOP House under Speaker Ryan set to blow budget deadline Updated: Apr-13-16 5:07 pm
WASHINGTON - House Republicans are about to blow through a statutory deadline to pass an annual budget, a major embarrassment for Speaker Paul Ryan that raises questions about his stewardship of the House despite his high profile on the national stage.
- Speaker Ryan raises $17.3 million in first 3 months of year Updated: Apr-13-16 9:45 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - House Speaker Paul Ryan has raised $17.2 million in the first three months of 2016 to help elect fellow Republicans to Congress.
- Biden to deliver graduation address at Delaware State Updated: Apr-12-16 10:51 am
DOVER, Delaware - Vice President Joe Biden will come home to Delaware to deliver the commencement address at Delaware State University in Dover.
- Biden returning to West Point, Syracuse for commencement Updated: Apr-12-16 10:20 am
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden will return to West Point next month to deliver the commencement address at the U.S. Military Academy.
- Garland a court moderate who would frustrate both sides Updated: Apr-11-16 3:43 am
President Barack Obama's nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court, Merrick Garland, has been characterized as a moderate who, if confirmed, would nudge his divided colleagues slightly to the left because he would replace conservative stalwart Antonin Scalia.
- House Speaker Paul Ryan gets Republican challenger Updated: Apr-08-16 5:05 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - House Speaker Paul Ryan is being challenged in the Republican primary by a Wisconsin businessman who says he once volunteered for the congressman but now feels betrayed.