- Senators try to revive criminal justice overhaul Updated: Apr-28-16 3:48 pm
WASHINGTON - A bipartisan group of senators unveiled legislation on Thursday to give judges more discretion in sentencing offenders, a renewed push to overhaul the nation's criminal justice system after objections from some conservatives and Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz.
- Dems block spending bill in dispute over Iran nuclear deal Updated: Apr-27-16 3:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Democrats on Wednesday blocked the Senate's first spending bill of the year in a last-minute fight over a Republican effort to undercut the Iran nuclear deal and scuttle U.S. plans to buy Iranian "heavy water."
- GOP senator blocks nominee responsible for terrorism fight Updated: Apr-20-16 3:26 pm
WASHINGTON - A Republican senator on Wednesday blocked an effort to confirm President Barack Obama's nominee for a key Treasury post responsible for leading the battle against terrorism and financial crimes.
- Thornton, who helped draft Nixon impeachment articles, dies Updated: Apr-13-16 4:23 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Ray Thornton, a former Arkansas congressman who helped draft articles of impeachment against then-President Richard Nixon, led two state universities and served on the Arkansas Supreme Court, has died. He was 87.
- Boozman: $800,000 raised during quarter for re-election bid Updated: Apr-12-16 7:06 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican Sen. John Boozman raised more than $800,000 in the first three months of the year, more than double the amount brought in by Democratic challenger Conner Eldridge, numbers released by the campaigns Tuesday showed.
- Boozman meets with Garland, still opposed to hearings Updated: Apr-05-16 5:41 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican Sen. John Boozman met Tuesday with President Barack Obama's nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court but said the visit didn't change his opposition to filling the high court vacancy this year.
- Boozman: Still opposed to filling court seat despite meeting Updated: Apr-01-16 5:16 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican Sen. John Boozman said Friday he remains opposed to filling the vacancy on the U.S. Supreme Court this year, despite plans to meet with President Barack Obama's pick for the high court next week.