- Horvat's 2 points lead Canucks past Avalanche 3-1 Updated: Feb-10-16 12:44 am
DENVER - The Vancouver Canucks got defensive Tuesday night to help stop their four-game skid.
- Stafford scores 2 goals, Jets beat Avalanche 4-2 Updated: Feb-07-16 2:18 am
DENVER - Drew Stafford's offensive performance snapped the Winnipeg Jets out of their slump.
- Avalanche G Varlamov returns to practice with lawsuit over Updated: Feb-03-16 9:28 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Semyon Varlamov was back at practice Wednesday, his mind at ease after winning a civil lawsuit even if his game remained a bit rusty.
- Jury backs Varlamov in civil case, awards Avs goalie $126K Updated: Feb-02-16 11:29 pm
DENVER - A jury on Tuesday sided with Colorado Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov in a lawsuit filed against him by a former girlfriend who claimed he beat her during an argument in 2013.
- Landeskog leads surging Avs' comeback for 4-3 win over Kings Updated: Jan-28-16 2:10 am
LOS ANGELES - The Colorado Avalanche's lingering pain from a blowout loss one night earlier only sweetened their comeback win over the Los Angeles Kings.
- Decisions at top of 2013 draft still affecting NHL Updated: Jan-27-16 3:52 pm
The second-guessing came immediately after the Colorado Avalanche picked center Nathan MacKinnon first and the Florida Panthers selected center Aleksander Barkov second in the 2013 draft. Blue-chip defenseman Seth Jones was considered the top prospect by many scouts, and winger Jonathan Drouin was coming off a 100-point season in juniors.
- Thornton records 1,300th point, Sharks beat Avalanche 6-1 Updated: Jan-27-16 1:34 am
SAN JOSE, California - Joe Thornton reached an impressive milestone in familiar fashion: by threading one of his pinpoint passes on the power play to a wide open teammate for an easy goal.
- MacKinnon ties it, Varlamov great in shootout; Avs top Blues Updated: Jan-23-16 12:59 am
DENVER - Nathan MacKinnon has made it a habit of scoring big goals late against the St. Louis Blues.
- Johnson scores with 1:07 left, Jackets top Avalanche 2-1 Updated: Jan-16-16 10:44 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - In a season when the Columbus Blue Jackets have been on the wrong side of bad bounces and injuries to key players, one swing of defensemen Jack Johnson's stick against Colorado changed their luck - at least for one game.
- Pickard stops 27 shots to help Avalanche beat Devils 3-0 Updated: Jan-15-16 12:28 am
DENVER - The Colorado Avalanche were a little green on the blue line and in goal.