- Cards defense, bullpen falter in 3-2 loss to Nats Updated: Apr-20-14 7:12 pm
- Span's sacrifice fly in 9th lifts Nats over Cards Updated: Apr-20-14 7:03 pm
- OF Span activated by Nationals from 7-day DL Updated: Apr-19-14 11:26 am
- Wainwright throws 2-hitter, Cards beat Nats 8-0 Updated: Apr-18-14 12:00 am
- Werth HR helps Nats rally past Marlins, 6-3 Updated: Apr-16-14 11:26 pm
- Nationals lose to Marlins, 11-2 Updated: Apr-15-14 11:54 pm
- Nationals place Zimmerman on DL Updated: Apr-13-14 2:21 pm
- Nats 3B Zimmerman has broken thumb, out 4-6 weeks Updated: Apr-12-14 11:21 pm
- Nationals place Span on 7-day DL with concussion Updated: Apr-12-14 6:57 pm
- Nationals avoid sweep with 2-1 win over Braves Updated: Apr-06-14 6:08 pm
- Roark leads Nats over Mets 8-2 for 3-0 start Updated: Apr-03-14 6:45 pm
- MLB back with replays, metal detectors, comebacks Updated: Apr-01-14 2:43 am
- Strasburg works into 6th, Harper homers, Nats win Updated: Mar-25-14 6:30 pm
WASHINGTON - The Cardinals managed to score twice against Stephen Strasburg while starter Shelby Miller kept the Nationals offense quiet. Nine outs away from taking yet another series from Washington, St. Louis' defense and bullpen couldn't finish the job.
WASHINGTON - Denard Span's approach with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth inning proves math pays off.
WASHINGTON - Adam Wainwright was as close to unhittable as he's ever been.
MIAMI - The Washington Nationals' comeback victory against Jose Fernandez felt well-deserved, even if the pivotal runs were unearned.
ATLANTA - Third baseman Ryan Zimmeran tried to put a positive spin on his broken right thumb and the Washington Nationals' list of injuries.
ATLANTA - Washington Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman is expected to miss four to six weeks after breaking his right thumb against the Atlanta Braves.
ATLANTA - The Washington Nationals placed outfielder Denard Span on the seven-day disabled list with a concussion on Saturday.
WASHINGTON - Ian Desmond didn't dip, and he hit a dinger.
NEW YORK - Toby and Jodi Roark were in the midst of a 12-hour drive from Wilmington, Illinois, to Washington, D.C., to watch their son Tanner pitch in the Nationals' home opener. Then they got a call from their daughter-in-law, telling them he wouldn't be starting Friday.
Jimmy Rollins began the season with a slam, Neil Walker with a walkoff homer and the Washington Nationals with a thrilling ninth-inning comeback.