- Better batteries to beat global warming: A race against time Updated: Nov-24-15 6:58 pm
WASHINGTON - One of the key technologies that could help wean the globe off fossil fuel is probably at your fingertips or in your pocket right now: the battery.
- New York plots path to renewable energy goal Updated: Nov-23-15 3:35 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York is taking steps to accomplish Gov. Andrew Cuomo's goal of generating half the state's electricity from renewable sources by 2030.
- Climate webcast from Paris suspended after deadly attacks Updated: Nov-14-15 1:16 am
PARIS - A Paris webcast of an all-star marathon event about climate change was suspended after the deadly attacks in that city Friday night.
- The Latest: Top officials heading to Paris concert hall Updated: Nov-13-15 7:28 pm
PARIS - The latest on shootings and explosions in Paris. (all times local):
- 6 of 9 superdelegates in Tenn. support Clinton, but not Gore Updated: Nov-13-15 11:00 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Six of the nine Democratic superdelegates in Tennessee are publicly supporting Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential bid.
- CLIMATE COUNTDOWN: When's a warming treaty not a treaty? Updated: Nov-12-15 4:30 pm
WASHINGTON - It's the elephant in the negotiating room that few officials want to acknowledge: Whatever international deal comes out of Paris climate talks, it likely won't be a treaty that needs ratification by a reluctant Republican U.S. Congress.
- A twist for Paris climate talks: Al Gore the optimist Updated: Nov-11-15 1:32 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - After decades of raising alarms about global warming, former Vice President Al Gore is now raising hopes.
- Correction: TV-SNL-Trump-Guest Spots story Updated: Nov-08-15 7:09 pm
NEW YORK - In a story Nov. 6 about politicians who have hosted "Saturday Night Live," The Associated Press reported erroneously that Julian Bond hosted the show in 1977 as a member of the U.S House of Representatives. In fact, Bond was a Georgia state senator when he hosted the show and never served in the U.S. House.
- Clinton wants to make gun control a 'voting issue' Updated: Nov-03-15 10:19 pm
CORALVILLE, Iowa - Hillary Rodham Clinton vowed Tuesday to make stricter gun control into a campaign that can compete with the powerful National Rifle Association's drive to preserve gun rights, and to put the issue on the minds of voters when they cast ballots on Election Day.
- New Bush e-book details his days as Florida governor Updated: Nov-02-15 8:01 am
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush is releasing his long-planned e-book, "Reply All," a selection of email exchanges with everyday Floridians, journalists and others during his two terms as Florida governor.
- Former Sen. Fred Thompson, had TV and film roles, dead at 73 Updated: Nov-01-15 10:33 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson, a folksy Tennessee lawyer whose career led him from politics to Hollywood and back again, died Sunday. He was 73.