- Bill Clinton wins award named after former rival Bob Dole Updated: Nov-23-15 7:53 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Former President Bill Clinton is the latest recipient of a prize named after the man he defeated in the 1996 election.
- Spike Lee shares worst film experience, top career moments Updated: Nov-10-15 8:35 am
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Spike Lee gets so excited when talking about movies, he can barely sit down. Reflecting on his career as he prepares to accept an honorary Oscar, the 58-year-old suddenly stands up and bounds around as he considers various ideas, at times bellowing so exuberantly, it echoes. Lee laughs as easily as he gets serious, and says he's profoundly touched by the film academy honor he'll receive Saturday at the seventh annual Governors Awards.
- Illinois' Congress members go on 70 foreign trips in 2 years Updated: Nov-07-15 10:41 am
CHICAGO - A newspaper analysis has found Illinois' 20 members of Congress have gone on 70 foreign trips and went to 44 countries in the past two years, costing more than $518,000.
- GM Rizzo: Nats negotiated with Black, Baker simultaneously Updated: Nov-05-15 3:02 pm
WASHINGTON - After the made-for-TV news conference was done, after new Washington Nationals manager Dusty Baker's name-checks of Bill Walsh, Bill Russell, Nelson Mandela, Stevie Wonder and others, after the team's owners quickly exited the room, GM Mike Rizzo stood with reporters off to the side and finally offered his version of what happened to the candidacy of Bud Black.
- FIFA reform commission chair: Change more likely this time Updated: Nov-03-15 2:31 pm
NEW YORK - The chairman of the FIFA reform commission says he believes soccer's leaders are more likely to make real changes this time because of pressure caused by the governing body's legal troubles.
- A guide to the FIFA presidential candidates Updated: Oct-28-15 2:19 pm
GENEVA - The FIFA presidential election on Feb. 26 will be a 7-man race. For now, at least.