- South Africa: Mandela comrade stays in the game Updated: Mar-08-14 11:48 am
- Prince Harry, Desmond Tutu, others honor Mandela Updated: Mar-03-14 10:16 am
- FIFA panel tightens rule on player shirt slogans Updated: Mar-01-14 10:50 am
- Scorsese, Louis-Dreyfus unite4:good honorees Updated: Feb-28-14 6:04 am
- Naomi Campbell: 'I don't live in the past' Updated: Feb-27-14 8:19 am
- Expect an Oscars filled with music, heroes, Ellen Updated: Feb-24-14 1:38 pm
- List of winners of the 45th annual Image Awards Updated: Feb-22-14 11:53 pm
- '12 Years a Slave' wins big at NAACP Image Awards Updated: Feb-22-14 11:46 pm
- Jane Goodall, primatologist and frequent flyer Updated: Feb-10-14 9:13 am
- South Africa to hold elections May 7 Updated: Feb-07-14 10:43 am
JOHANNESBURG - One of Nelson Mandela's closest confidants is still challenging the powers that be, with plenty of guidance from his ancestors, the ancient Greeks.
LONDON - Prince Harry, former Archbishop of Cape Town Desmond Tutu, and Prime Minister David Cameron have joined nearly 2,000 people in a memorial service for the late South African President Nelson Mandela.
ZURICH - Players at the World Cup face FIFA disciplinary action for revealing any slogan or image on their undershirts.
LOS ANGELES - Days before the Academy Awards celebrates the finest in film, unite4:good honored the success of individuals serving the global movement for humanity, from stars to everyday visionaries.
NEW YORK - When Naomi Campbell first ventured in front of a camera to earn her keep there really was no such thing as a supermodel.
LOS ANGELES - With less than a week to go before the Academy Awards, the Dolby Theatre in the heart of Hollywood is on lockdown. Guards stand at every door, and handlers with walkie-talkies keep a close eye on any visitors.
The winners of the 45th annual NAACP Image Awards Saturday night in Los Angeles:
LOS ANGELES - "12 Years a Slave" swept the film categories at the NAACP Image Awards with four wins.
JOHANNESBURG - Jane Goodall, who turns 80 this year, knows how to work a crowd.
JOHANNESBURG - South Africa will hold general elections on May 7 in a democratic milestone marking 20 years since the end of white minority rule, the president said Friday, even as police struggled to contain violent protests by poor residents who say the government has reneged on pledges to improve living standards.