- White wash: Yanks sweep Cubs 3-0, 2-0 Updated: Apr-16-14 11:57 pm
- Forget cold, Cubs cooled by Tanaka in 3-0 loss Updated: Apr-16-14 8:30 pm
- Yankees unveil plaque for Nelson Mandela Updated: Apr-16-14 8:23 pm
- AP names Nigeria chief of bureau Updated: Apr-16-14 12:34 pm
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Robinson debut Updated: Apr-15-14 7:33 pm
- No Drew: Steinbrenner: 'I'm pretty content' Updated: Apr-15-14 3:59 pm
- EXCHANGE: Prison inmates' art inspires instructor Updated: Apr-13-14 10:35 am
- 2016 campaign checklist: Hillary Clinton Updated: Apr-10-14 6:38 pm
- Paul Simon celebrates Masekela's 75th birthday Updated: Apr-05-14 10:44 pm
- Ex-President Carter fears US monitoring Updated: Mar-24-14 6:01 pm
- Carter: Boycott of Israel "too much" Updated: Mar-24-14 2:47 pm
- Klitschko: Try not to 'repeat mistakes of history' Updated: Mar-20-14 2:13 pm
- Alberta's premier resigns amid scandal Updated: Mar-19-14 10:17 pm
- Suzanne Vega's new disc: Don't let title scare you Updated: Mar-19-14 1:09 pm
NEW YORK - There was nothing mysterious about Michael Pineda's performance this time. Masahiro Tanaka's dominant outing was pretty straight forward, too.
NEW YORK - Forget the cold. The Chicago Cubs faced a much more difficult challenge in Masahiro Tanaka.
NEW YORK - The New York Yankees honored Nelson Mandela on Wednesday night during their rain-delayed celebration of the legacy of Jackie Robinson, another icon of social change.
JOHANNESBURG - The Associated Press has named Michelle Faul, who has covered the major stories of Africa over the past three decades, as its bureau chief in Nigeria.
NEW YORK - Marking the 67th anniversary of the day Jackie Robinson broke baseball's color barrier, the Rev. Jesse Jackson praised Commissioner Bud Selig for the strides the sport has taken in minority opportunities over the past two decades.
NEW YORK - Despite a string of infield injuries, Yankees fans shouldn't expect New York to add free-agent Stephen Drew.
URBANA, Illinois - Jacqueline Archey finds the artwork done by Champaign County jail inmates inspiring.
WASHINGTON - A look at Hillary Rodham Clinton's preparations for a potential 2016 presidential campaign:
NEW YORK - South African trumpeter and vocalist Hugh Masekela celebrated his 75th birthday with a little help from some old friends - Paul Simon and Harry Belafonte - in the city where he began what turned out to be a 30-year exile from his homeland.
NEW YORK - Former President Jimmy Carter said Monday that U.S. intelligence monitoring has run out of control since the 9/11 terror attacks, and he now hand-writes and mails sensitive letters to foreign and American leaders because he can't trust his email or telephone to be secure.
NEW YORK - Former President Jimmy Carter said Monday that he doesn't support the Palestinian-led "boycott, divest, sanction" campaign against Israel but said products made in Israel-occupied Palestinian territories should be clearly labeled so buyers can make a choice about them.
HOLLYWOOD, Florida - Heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko delivered a message to Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday, saying it's important not to "repeat the mistakes of history" concerning the crisis in his native Ukraine.
EDMONTON, Alberta - The premier of the western Canadian province of Alberta announced Wednesday she is resigning after being criticized for spending thousands on a trip to South Africa for Nelson Mandela's memorial.
NEW YORK - The title of Suzanne Vega's new disc, "Tales From the Realm of the Queen of Pentacles," sounds like an unreleased Yes album from around 1977.