- Capitals sink Islanders 3-2 in OT Updated: Nov-30-13 11:35 pm
- Grabovski helps Capitals beat Canadiens 3-2 in SO Updated: Nov-29-13 10:36 pm
- Senators defeat Capitals 6-4 Updated: Nov-28-13 12:03 am
- Caps' Grabovski returns after face is cut by skate Updated: Nov-24-13 12:29 am
- Maple Leafs hold on to beat Capitals 2-1 in SO Updated: Nov-24-13 12:17 am
- Lightning, Avs and Blues among NHL notables so far Updated: Nov-21-13 6:08 pm
- Crosby's goal, assist lead Penguins past Caps 4-0 Updated: Nov-20-13 11:45 pm
- Ovechkin gets 2 to tie Steen; Caps top Blues 4-1 Updated: Nov-17-13 10:05 pm
- Foes of Russia's anti-gay law ponder new tactics Updated: Nov-17-13 1:31 pm
- Backstrom's SO goal give Caps win over Red Wings Updated: Nov-15-13 11:50 pm
- Ovechkin socres in OT, Caps top Blue Jackets 4-3 Updated: Nov-12-13 9:53 pm
- Cup failure means failing grade for Leonsis, Caps Updated: Nov-12-13 6:26 pm
- Varlamov leads Avs to 4-1 win over Capitals Updated: Nov-10-13 11:57 pm
- Coyotes beat Capitals 4-3 in shootout Updated: Nov-09-13 11:54 pm
- Capitals beat Wild 3-2 in shootout Updated: Nov-07-13 11:09 pm
- Ovechkin scores 2; Capitals top Islanders 6-2 Updated: Nov-05-13 11:13 pm
UNIONDALE, New York - The New York Islanders were close to ending their five-game losing streak.
WASHINGTON - Braden Holtby did not expect to play Friday against the streaking Montreal Canadiens. But when scheduled starter Michal Neuvirth was injured in warmups, Holtby was not only the next man up, he was the only man up.
WASHINGTON - The Washington Capitals found a way to tie a back-and-forth game with 3:27 left against Ottawa on Wednesday night.
TORONTO - When Mikhail Grabovski jumped to his feet quickly and skated off after lingering on the ice following an injury, boos rained down from the Air Canada Centre crowd.
TORONTO - James Reimer just kept focusing on the next shot - even after he gave up the tying goal late in the third period.
The NHL's regular season is roughly one-fourth finished, flying perhaps under the radar with most sports fans fixated on the NFL and others focusing on the NBA, college football and basketball.
WASHINGTON - Even Sidney Crosby acknowledged his goal - and the lickety-split series of passes that led up to it - was "fun" and "one of the nicer ones."
WASHINGTON - Ovechkin once. Ovechkin twice. Steen not at all.
NEW YORK - The four-month campaign protesting Russia's ban on "gay propaganda" is entering a new phase, as activists try to heighten pressure on the Olympics' top corporate sponsors to speak out before the Winter Games in Sochi.
DETROIT - The Washington Capitals are the latest team to take advantage of the Detroit Red Wings' generosity at home.
WASHINGTON - Ted Leonsis doesn't believe he's getting it done, at least not where it counts the most.
DENVER - The Colorado Avalanche are off to a soaring start, even if they pretend they're nothing more than an average team.
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Phoenix Coyotes capped a strange night with what's become their best attribute: Resiliency.
WASHINGTON - The Washington Capitals scored early and late in regulation before turning toward goaltender Braden Holtby, who sealed a satisfying comeback victory.
WASHINGTON - After scoring twice in his return from a shoulder injury, Alex Ovechkin supplied the assist on Tom Wilson's first NHL goal. After the game, he stunned the 19-year-old rookie mid-interview with a red pillow smothered with blue shaving cream right in the face.