- Recent editorials from Texas newspapers Updated: Apr-19-16 8:48 pm
Houston Chronicle. April 16, 2016.
- Correction: Texas Agriculture Chief-Investigation story Updated: Apr-14-16 1:16 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - In a story April 13 about an investigation launched against the Texas agriculture commissioner, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the state Democratic Party did not run an opponent against Republican Sid Miller in 2014. The party did field a candidate, Jim Hogan.
- Abbott picks new leaders for embattled child welfare agency Updated: Apr-11-16 6:13 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Gov. Greg Abbott named the former head of the Texas Rangers to lead the state's embattled child welfare agency Monday, calling the status quo "unacceptable" while making the unusual move of putting a career law enforcement officer in charge of the foster care system.
- Texas attorney general charged with federal securities fraud Updated: Apr-11-16 5:32 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Federal securities regulators charged Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton Monday with four counts of civil fraud, piling on more legal troubles for the Republican already under criminal indictment for allegations that he deceived friends and wealthy investors - at least once with high-pressure tactics.
- Supreme Court ruling on Texas redistricting cheers Democrats Updated: Apr-04-16 6:33 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The U.S. Supreme Court handed Texas a victory Monday, upholding the state's system of drawing legislative voting districts based on everyone who lives there - not just registered voters.
- Texas governor's book on struggle after paralyzing accident Updated: Apr-04-16 1:58 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Gov. Greg Abbott has written a book detailing how he overcame a freak accident that left him paralyzed from the waist down and outlining his plan to "restore the Constitution."