- Abbott's goal: Break Bush record for Hispanic vote Updated: Mar-06-14 6:49 pm
- New Texas abortion law closes 2 more clinics Updated: Mar-06-14 6:01 pm
- After primary victory, Texas' Davis faces big odds Updated: Mar-05-14 6:46 pm
- Runoffs will decide several top statewide races Updated: Mar-05-14 3:13 am
- Incumbents and conservatives win in Texas primary Updated: Mar-05-14 12:29 am
- Paxton, Branch advance to attorney general runoff Updated: Mar-04-14 10:33 pm
- Davis ready for fight in Texas governor's race Updated: Mar-04-14 9:29 pm
- Texas Democrats pick Houston for attorney general Updated: Mar-04-14 9:14 pm
- Abbott says GOP will reach out to Hispanic voters Updated: Mar-04-14 2:27 pm
- Surprises, runoffs likely in Texas primary races Updated: Mar-03-14 11:33 pm
- Conservative Texas group keeps donors secret Updated: Mar-01-14 2:53 pm
- Gay marriage fight pits Texas AG vs. gay friend Updated: Feb-28-14 6:43 pm
- Texas files notice to appeal gay marriage ruling Updated: Feb-27-14 6:20 pm
- Proposed $60M border security surge pushed back Updated: Feb-27-14 4:00 pm
- Texas gay marriage ban latest to be struck down Updated: Feb-26-14 5:35 pm
- Abbott promises to fight gay marriage ruling Updated: Feb-26-14 3:47 pm
- AP Interview: Sen. Paxton hoping to emulate Cruz Updated: Feb-25-14 4:59 pm
- Abbott reports $30M, Davis $11M in governor's race Updated: Feb-24-14 6:02 pm
- Republican primary often most important election Updated: Feb-23-14 11:45 am
- AP Interview: Branch touts legislative record Updated: Feb-22-14 12:41 pm
- State officials investigating Democratic activists Updated: Feb-21-14 6:38 pm
- Nugent backlash reveals rare misstep for Texas GOP Updated: Feb-21-14 5:24 pm
- Abbott: Nugent 'rightly apologized' for Obama slur Updated: Feb-21-14 3:54 pm
- Nugent apologizes for 'subhuman mongrel' remark Updated: Feb-21-14 2:01 pm
- Oregon won't defend gay-marriage ban in lawsuit Updated: Feb-20-14 7:11 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - High stakes over Hispanic voters shifted the governor's race Thursday to the Texas-Mexico border, where Democrats defended Wendy Davis' humbling losses in party strongholds to an obscure primary challenger who barely campaigned.
AUSTIN, Texas - The last abortion clinic in the vast, impoverished Rio Grande Valley closed Thursday, along with the sole remaining clinic in the 100-mile stretch between Houston and the Louisiana border, posing a tall obstacle to women seeking to end pregnancies across a wide swath of the nation's second-largest state.
AUSTIN, Texas - After her easy victory in the Texas Democratic primary, Wendy Davis, one of the brightest stars of the 2014 campaign, is now embarking on her mission to win the governor's office and revive her party's fortunes in the heart of conservative America. Already, Texas politics has never seen anyone like her: a dynamo with a trailer park-to-Harvard Law story who makes nationwide donors swoon.
AUSTIN, Texas - A scramble to fill statewide offices in one of the biggest turnovers in Texas government history began with Tuesday's primary, but several of the key contests will require runoffs to decide a final winner.
AUSTIN, Texas - Republicans voted for tried-and-true incumbents and fire-breathing conservatives Tuesday during the Texas primary elections, while Democrats learned they still have a lot of building to do if they hope to compete in November.
AUSTIN, Texas - State Sen. Wendy Davis says she's ready for what will be an uphill fight to become Texas' next governor.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Democrats have nominated Houston attorney Sam Houston for state attorney general.
AUSTIN, Texas - Republican gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott says connecting with Hispanic voters is a major goal for the Texas GOP as the state moves beyond the primary season.
AUSTIN, Texas - Gov. Rick Perry isn't on the ballot, but a new member of the Bush dynasty is. Wendy Davis can clinch a feat no woman has achieved in Texas since Ann Richards. Heavyweight Republicans are trying to survive, and a new voter ID law gets a major test.
AUSTIN, Texas - A conservative Texas political group is waging an intense legal battle to try to keep the names of its donors secret by taking the Texas Ethics Commission to federal court.
WACO, Texas - When Greg Abbott was paralyzed by a fallen tree in 1984, Mark Phariss flew 500 miles to his friend's bedside. They were law school pals who swapped stories over dinner, job leads and airport rides, and they still exchange Christmas cards today.
AUSTIN, Texas - The state of Texas filed official notice Thursday that it plans to appeal a federal judge's decision to lift the state's ban on gay marriage.
AUSTIN, Texas - The lieutenant governor's plan to spend $60 million to quickly ramp up security along the Mexican border won't likely happen until September, raising accusations by his primary opponents that his urgent call for a border enforcement surge was politically motivated.
AUSTIN, Texas - A federal judge declared a same-sex marriage ban in deeply conservative Texas unconstitutional on Wednesday, but will allow the nation's second-most populous state to enforce the law pending an appeal that will likely go to the U.S. Supreme Court.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott has promised to appeal a federal court ruling that the state's ban on gay marriage is unconstitutional.
AUSTIN, Texas - Before he mounted an upset U.S. Senate victory in the 2012 Republican primary, tea party darling Ted Cruz mulled running for Texas attorney general. Now, one of the three Republicans vying to become the state's next attorney general isn't being shy about billing himself as the second coming of Cruz.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic candidate for governor Wendy Davis outraised her opponent over the last 30 days, while Republican Attorney General Greg Abbott has $30 million socked away, almost three times as much as Davis, the campaigns said Monday while meeting a fundraising reporting deadline.
AUSTIN, Texas - In a state with 26 million people, the leaders of Texas are routinely chosen by 750,000 people.
GEORGETOWN, Texas - Long known as a powerful but pragmatic veteran of the state Legislature, Rep. Dan Branch insists he's not running to his right in hopes of prevailing in the cut-throat, three-Republican race for Texas attorney general.
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Secretary of State referred three complaints against Democratic group Battleground Texas for possible prosecution as violations of a state election law on Friday.
AUSTIN, Texas - Mitt Romney rallied with Kid Rock and President George W. Bush had a fan in Alice Cooper. But a Ted Nugent encore in the Texas governor's race is growing unlikely after blowback from Republican Greg Abbott's embrace of the ultimate shock rocker.
AUSTIN, Texas - Republican Attorney General Greg Abbott says Ted Nugent "rightly apologized" for degrading comments that resurfaced after welcoming the polarizing rocker to his campaign for Texas governor.
AUSTIN, Texas - Ted Nugent has apologized for calling President Barack Obama a "subhuman mongrel," attempting to defuse a political flap engulfing Texas' governor's race.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon's attorney general will not defend the state's ban on gay marriage, arguing it cannot withstand a federal constitutional challenge.