- Clinton, aides stressed protecting State Dept info in email Updated: Sep-01-15 1:59 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton and her aides at the State Department were acutely aware of the need to protect sensitive information when discussing international affairs over email and other forms of unsecure electronic communication, according to the latest batch of messages released by the agency from Clinton's tenure as secretary of state.
- From creativity to corruption, Mandel was a political force Updated: Aug-31-15 5:19 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A colorful and complex figure in Maryland politics, Marvin Mandel was seen by some as an innovator who reorganized state government to be more efficient. For others, he was forever stained by his conviction for selling the powers of office.
- Gov. Marvin Mandel, who fell from political grace, has died Updated: Aug-31-15 12:47 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Marvin Mandel, a former Maryland governor whose 26-year career in state government ended with his 1977 conviction on political corruption charges, has died. He was 95.
- Nelson Shanks, painter of presidents and royalty, dies at 77 Updated: Aug-30-15 4:39 pm
ANDALUSIA, Pennsylvania - Nelson Shanks, a painter renowned for his portraits of prominent figures ranging from presidents to a pope to royalty, has died. He was 77.
- After TV slaying, reporter's dad finds voice on gun control Updated: Aug-28-15 6:30 pm
COLLINSVILLE, Virginia - Andy Parker's resolve to fight for gun control formed in the hours after his daughter was shot and killed on live television. In his first interviews after the tragedy, he briefly mentioned the issue as he eulogized Alison. By Friday, he was pledging a full-scale fight for tougher gun laws on national TV.
- Kobach: Trump correct on immigration proposals Updated: Aug-27-15 5:26 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach said he agrees with Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's proposals to build a wall along the southern border and end "birthright citizenship" for children born to parents who are in the U.S. illegally.
- The Latest: Jimmy Carter's doctor talks about treatment Updated: Aug-20-15 2:39 pm
ATLANTA - The latest on Jimmy Carter's first public comments since announcing his cancer diagnosis (all times local):
- Rauner on union-strike veto: 'Let me do my job' Updated: Aug-18-15 7:14 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Imploring them to "let me do my job," Gov. Bruce Rauner asked Illinois lawmakers Tuesday not to undo his veto of a measure authorizing an unelected arbitrator to decide a potential labor-negotiation stalemate.
- Things to know about Social Security at 80: Overhaul time? Updated: Aug-14-15 1:50 am
WASHINGTON - Social Security turns 80 on Friday, and the massive retirement and disability program is showing its age.
- Laxalt hopes Basque Fry becomes can't-miss GOP campaign stop Updated: Aug-13-15 8:08 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Attorney General Adam Laxalt said he hopes his Basque-themed gathering of Republican presidential candidates this weekend will become a can't-miss campaign tradition that turns the course of elections and spawns copycat events throughout the Silver State.
- Ex-Trump aide still supports businessman's White House race Updated: Aug-11-15 7:42 am
WASHNGTON - A former adviser who says he quit Donald Trump's presidential campaign is calling the billionaire real estate mogul the best bet to shake up a "broken" U.S. political system.
- On football field, in the booth, Frank Gifford a winner Updated: Aug-10-15 7:43 am
NEW YORK - An NFL championship with the New York Giants. An Emmy award as television's "outstanding sports personality." Induction in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- Peggy Noonan anthology to be published in November Updated: Aug-10-15 6:17 am
NEW YORK - An anthology of writings by Peggy Noonan, the Wall Street Journal columnist and former White House speech writer, is coming out in November.
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Frank Gifford dies at 84 Updated: Aug-09-15 6:03 pm
NEW YORK - From the football field to the broadcast booth, Frank Gifford was a star. And a winner.
- Philanthropist, GOP powerbroker Elsie Hillman dies at 89 Updated: Aug-04-15 4:32 pm
PITTSBURGH - Elsie Hillman, a philanthropist and political activist who helped propel moderate Republicans to state and national offices, died Tuesday. She was 89.
- Governor orders flags at half-staff to honor Schweiker Updated: Aug-04-15 12:04 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Governor Tom Wolf has ordered flags at Pennsylvania's Capitol in Harrisburg and at all commonwealth facilities to fly at half-staff in honor of former U.S. Senator Richard Schweiker.