- Nuclear-powered carrier USS Ronald Reagan arrives in Japan Updated: Oct-01-15 12:59 am
YOKOSUKA, Japan - The American nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan docked at its new home in Japan's Yokosuka naval port Thursday just as Tokyo tries to deepen defense ties with the U.S. under new security laws that expand the role of Japan's military.
- John Boehner, behind the tears Updated: Sep-25-15 4:04 pm
WASHINGTON - The "regular guy with a big job" has seemed at the center of palace intrigue forever, a man to shake things up in the old days, to be plotted against on and off ever since.
- W.Va. governor's estate sells pieces of history at auction Updated: Sep-24-15 9:32 am
MOUNDSVILLE, West Virginia - A team of auctioneers is selling personal items and historical pieces belonging to three-term West Virginia Gov. Arch A. Moore. Jr.
- Some notable moments between popes and US presidents Updated: Sep-22-15 10:45 am
Some notable moments in the nearly 100-year history of meetings between the pope and American presidents:
- Kasich remark about Latina maid draws unwanted attention Updated: Sep-18-15 6:38 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich has become the latest 2016 presidential contender to draw attention for an apparent generalization related to Latinos.
- At debate, GOP candidates try to tie themselves to Reagan Updated: Sep-17-15 8:18 am
ATLANTA - Standing in Ronald Reagan's presidential library, GOP White House hopeful Jeb Bush argued that the 40th president would agree with him, and not the front-running Donald Trump, on immigration.
- UK media loves the idea of a Margaret Thatcher $10 bill Updated: Sep-17-15 5:54 am
LONDON - Britain is abuzz with U.S. presidential candidate Jeb Bush's suggestion that Margaret Thatcher should grace the new $10 bill.
- Obama invokes Reagan during speech at Michigan college Updated: Sep-09-15 5:24 pm
WARREN, Michigan - President Barack Obama pushed his plan for free community college at a Michigan school, and invoked a former president from the other side of the aisle who visited the campus three decades ago.
- The Latest: Senate airs partisan divide over Iran deal Updated: Sep-09-15 4:34 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest as debate on the Iran nuclear deal opens in Congress and grips the 2016 presidential campaign. All times local (EDT):
- Mandel remembered as architect of modern Maryland Updated: Sep-03-15 8:04 pm
PIKESVILLE, Maryland - Maryland politicians from both parties remembered former Gov. Marvin Mandel on Thursday for his lasting innovations to state government and his quiet but highly effective talent for politics.