- Editorials from around Ohio Updated: Nov-23-15 10:18 am
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from Ohio newspapers:
- The ultimate running game: a Tom Brady play for president Updated: Nov-20-15 10:19 am
BOSTON - Never mind what Tom Brady says about making a play for the White House: Fans are clinging to 0.0001 odds he'll reconsider the ultimate running game someday.
- British police arrest man in 1984 killing of policewoman Updated: Nov-19-15 8:03 am
LONDON - British police on Thursday announced "the first significant arrest" in the 1984 killing of London policewoman Yvonne Fletcher, shot dead from inside the Libyan embassy in an incident that solidified Libya's reputation as a rogue state.
- Timeline of key dates in Cuba-US relations Updated: Nov-19-15 3:30 am
Key events in U.S.-Cuba relations:
- Delaware governor supports asylum for Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-17-15 4:16 am
DOVER, Delaware - Democratic Gov. Jack Markell is standing by his support for President Obama's decision to provide asylum for Syrian refugees in the United States, despite Republican calls not to accept refugees in Delaware.
- Muncie native, Navy vice admiral leads US missile program Updated: Nov-13-15 5:11 am
MUNCIE, Indiana - Muncie and Delaware County high schools have graduates who went on to play professional sports, some who went on to lead major companies, and some who excelled in the music and entertainment industries. Some stayed home and became leaders of local businesses, companies and other organizations right here where they grew up.
- O'Reilly, Will in vitriolic dispute over Reagan Updated: Nov-11-15 8:37 pm
NEW YORK - Bill O'Reilly and George Will have escalated their extraordinary feud this week, a dispute that encompasses the leading cable television news outlet, a publishing empire and the legacy of the conservative movement's most revered politician.
- Appeals court delivers setback to Obama's immigration plan Updated: Nov-10-15 8:52 am
NEW ORLEANS - A federal appeals court has ruled against President Barack Obama's plan to protect an estimated 5 million people living in the United States illegally from deportation.
- Christie's to auction Margaret Thatcher's clothes, handbags Updated: Nov-03-15 9:30 am
LONDON - Christie's is set to sell personal possessions of the late British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, including papers, mementos, clothes - and her iconic handbags.
- US says fighter jets intercepted Russian planes near US ship Updated: Oct-29-15 2:03 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House says the U.S. military scrambled fighter jets earlier this week to escort Russian bombers that flew near the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan.
- Canada envoy who hid Americans during hostage crisis honored Updated: Oct-27-15 6:52 pm
TORONTO - Canadian Prime Minister-designate Justin Trudeau, former Prime Minister Joe Clark and the U.S. ambassador attended the funeral of Canada's former ambassador to Iran who sheltered American diplomats at his residence during the 1979-80 hostage crisis.
- Sandoval names retired federal judge to Nevada gaming board Updated: Oct-27-15 12:41 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Gov. Brian Sandoval has appointed a retired federal judge to the Nevada Gaming Commission after a member resigned earlier this month.