- High court nominee praises lawyers for helping the poor Updated: Apr-21-16 6:39 pm
WASHINGTON - Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland praised lawyers for their work with low-income Washingtonians Thursday in his first public remarks since his nomination last month.
- Republican Senate effort again fails to block water rule Updated: Apr-21-16 1:55 pm
WASHINGTON - Democrats have again blocked a Republican proposal that would have forced the Obama administration to withdraw a federal rule to protect small streams and wetlands from development and pollution.
- States seek ways to regulate steep air-ambulance costs Updated: Apr-19-16 10:04 am
HELENA, Montana - The first time Jason Ebert needed an air ambulance, it saved his life. The second time, it nearly broke the bank.
- Darlymple, Hoeven back Stenehjem for North Dakota governor Updated: Apr-14-16 12:55 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Gov. Jack Darlymple and U.S. Sen. John Hoeven are supporting Republican-endorsed candidates in statewide races, including Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem for governor.
- GOP activists expect expensive primary race for governor Updated: Apr-03-16 5:18 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - North Dakota Republican activists believe this year's race for governor will be the most expensive single campaign in state history, due to an intraparty primary contest that will pit the GOP nominee against a wealthy Fargo businessman who has promised to keep fighting - and spending money.