- ND Democrat Heitkamp backs Obama on Iran nuclear deal Updated: Sep-03-15 4:48 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Democratic U.S. Sen. Heidi Heitkamp announced her support Thursday for President Barack Obama's Iran nuclear deal, a politically risky move in a Republican-dominated state where she is weighing a run for governor.
- Diversion group looks at new funding plan for flood channel Updated: Sep-02-15 5:38 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Supporters of a Red River diversion channel around the flood-prone Fargo and Moorhead, Minnesota, metropolitan area said Wednesday that a new funding formula would save taxpayers money and help move up construction of the project.
- Wrigley admits affair; says he may still run for governor Updated: Sep-01-15 10:10 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's Republican Lt. Gov. Drew Wrigley, who has been on a short list of strong contenders for governor, said Tuesday that he had an extramarital affair that had ended and he was still actively considering a run for higher office.
- CenturyLink accepts federal funds to expand Internet access Updated: Aug-31-15 3:56 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Internet provider CenturyLink Inc. has accepted $5.6 million in federal funding to expand high-speed Internet access in rural North Dakota.
- USDA grants over $900K to ND county for sewer improvements Updated: Aug-30-15 12:47 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - More than $900,000 in federal assistance has been approved for North Dakota's Benson County to improve the sanitary sewer system in Leeds.
- With Dalrymple out, speculation begins on next ND governor Updated: Aug-25-15 7:13 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Gov. Jack Dalrymple's announcement that he won't seek a second full term sets off a potential scramble to replace him. Here's a rundown of who's who among the potential hopefuls on both the Republican and Democratic sides:
- Lt. Gov. Wrigley 'actively considering' gubernatorial bid Updated: Aug-25-15 6:20 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Lt. Gov. Drew Wrigley says he's "actively considering" a run for governor.
- Reactions to Dalrymple's decision to not seek re-election Updated: Aug-24-15 4:56 pm
Quotes from elected officials regarding the decision of North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple to not seek re-election:
- Grant to help Minot International Airport update plans Updated: Aug-20-15 2:41 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Minot International Airport will receive more than $840,000 in federal funding to update its master and layout plans so the facility can better keep pace with growth.
- Post office in Watford City being moved and expanded Updated: Aug-13-15 8:10 am
WATFORD CITY, North Dakota - The U.S. Postal Service plans to move and expand the post office in Watford City.
- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: Aug-06-15 10:17 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Minot Daily News, Minot, Aug. 6, 2015