- Sidney Crosby to lead Canada at hockey worlds Updated: Apr-30-15 6:20 am
PRAGUE - Unlike previous editions, this year's hockey world championship is bringing out the best.
- Rangers gearing up for physical series with Capitals Updated: Apr-28-15 4:50 pm
- Pens GM Rutherford bullish on future Updated: Apr-28-15 3:47 pm
PITTSBURGH - When Jim Rutherford took over as Pittsburgh Penguins general manager last summer, he stressed ownership wanted a "complete change in direction," one that would return a talented if aging roster into one capable of once again lifting the Stanley Cup.
- Malkin, Crosby reaffirm commitment to Penguins Updated: Apr-26-15 4:29 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin does not plan to leave the team that drafted him.
- Penguins searching for answers after quick playoff exit Updated: Apr-25-15 3:08 pm
PITTSBURGH - Sidney Crosby wasn't making excuses so much as stating the obvious.
- Rangers advance on Hagelin's OT goal, 2-1 Updated: Apr-24-15 11:17 pm
NEW YORK - Teammate J.T. Miller looked at Carl Hagelin and shook his head in admiration.
- Kevin Hayes scores in OT, Rangers beat Penguins 2-1 Updated: Apr-22-15 11:41 pm
- No matter the style, goaltenders getting tougher to beat Updated: Apr-15-15 2:50 am
Hall of Famer Patrick Roy treated the question almost like a shot on net, deflecting it away when hit with whether goaltenders of today are more athletic.
- Goaltender Fleury steadying force for erratic Penguins Updated: Apr-14-15 5:33 pm
PITTSBURGH - Marc-Andre Fleury tucked his hair behind his right ear and spent the next five minutes deflecting away praise much in the same way the Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender effortlessly turned aside 1,685 shots during a season unlike any of his 11-year career.
- Stars can score, so focus is defense after missing playoffs Updated: Apr-13-15 5:45 pm
FRISCO, Texas - Jamie Benn won the NHL scoring title despite playing most of the season with bad hips that will require surgery. Tyler Seguin might have taken the honor if not for a knee injury.
- Penguins embracing underdog role against Rangers Updated: Apr-13-15 3:59 pm
- New faces, big absences and plenty of Canada in NHL playoffs Updated: Apr-12-15 4:08 pm
The NHL's postseason dominoes tumbled throughout the regular season's wild final week. When the last ones fell Saturday night, they revealed that the league is set up for an extremely interesting spring.
- Penguins clinch playoff berth with 2-0 win over Sabres Updated: Apr-11-15 11:09 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Phew, that was close for Sidney Crosby and Pittsburgh Penguins, who finally clinched a playoff berth in their final game of the season.
- Islanders send Penguins to 5th straight loss, 3-1 Updated: Apr-10-15 10:39 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Penguins have spent the majority of the Sidney Crosby era treating the regular season as an 82-game exhibition until the playoffs start.
- Bellemore and Murphy lead Hurricanes past Flyers 3-1 Updated: Apr-09-15 11:17 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Carolina has one of the worst records in the NHL, but the Hurricanes have had no trouble against Philadelphia this season.
- Penguins staying upbeat as funk threatens postseason hopes Updated: Apr-09-15 4:46 pm
PITTSBURGH - Evgeni Malkin wasn't exactly making a guarantee as much as he was trying to provide his sagging team with a needed dose of swagger.
- Ottawa's comeback shakes up playoff race in East Updated: Apr-08-15 3:23 am
The playoff chase in the NHL's Eastern Conference has gone from compelling to downright wacky.
- Stone scores winner in OT to lift Senators past Penguins Updated: Apr-08-15 12:36 am
OTTAWA, Ontario - Mark Stone is peaking at the right time for the Ottawa Senators.
- Islanders in limbo for playoff spot after loss in Philly Updated: Apr-07-15 11:12 pm
PHILADELPHIA - With a playoff berth at stake, the New York Islanders pulled off a rally to remember.
- Slumping Penguins scrambling for playoff spot Updated: Apr-06-15 3:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - Mike Johnston tried to sound upbeat. The first-year Pittsburgh Penguins coach pointed out all the positives he saw from another lost weekend, one in which his stumbling team imploded in one game and looked snakebit in another.