- Reds beat Cardinals 4-0, avoid sweep Updated: Apr-09-14 5:43 pm
- Cardinals beat Reds 7-6 to take 2 of 3 in series Updated: Apr-03-14 8:53 pm
- Cubs edge Pirates 3-2 to pick up first win Updated: Apr-03-14 5:01 pm
- Wacha pitches 5 strong innings for Cardinals Updated: Mar-27-14 6:33 pm
- NL champions have arms, depth for another run Updated: Mar-25-14 7:58 pm
- Dillon Gee to start Mets' opener against Nationals Updated: Mar-24-14 6:29 pm
- Kelly chosen as Cardinals' No. 5 starter after win Updated: Mar-24-14 2:33 am
ST. LOUIS - The pop fly cleared the infield by about 20-25 feet. Billy Hamilton's teammates have seen his legs in action, but figured he'd stay put at third.
CINCINNATI - The defending National League champions opened the season with a lot of waiting. And a couple of wins, too.
PITTSBURGH - The weary Chicago Cubs' bullpen needed a break. New manager Rick Renteria needed a win.
JUPITER, Florida - Michael Wacha looked sharp in his final spring start Thursday, giving up a run in five innings of the St. Louis Cardinals' 6-4 loss to the Miami Marlins.
ST. LOUIS - Last October, the St. Louis Cardinals were sufficiently flush with arms that they carried rookie Shelby Miller and deposed closer Edward Mujica in ceremonial roles and made it to Game 6 of the World Series against Boston.
PORT ST. LUCIE, Florida - Dillon Gee will start the New York Mets' opener at home against Washington on March 31.
JUPITER, Florida - Joe Kelly was told that he will be the Cardinals' No. 5 starter after taking a no-hitter into the sixth inning Sunday in St. Louis' 6-3 victory over the Houston Astros.