- Cavani fires PSG to League Cup title Updated: Apr-19-14 6:33 pm
- Rossi and Cassano included for Italy fitness tests Updated: Apr-11-14 7:11 pm
- Italy switches focus to attacking under Prandelli Updated: Apr-09-14 5:28 am
- Bayern Munich has trouble against English clubs Updated: Apr-08-14 1:06 pm
- Calm Del Bosque a bundle of nerves leading Spain Updated: Apr-08-14 7:53 am
- Spain looking for another title in Brazil Updated: Apr-08-14 7:53 am
- 5 Brazil players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-08-14 7:49 am
- Brazil ready to play for World Cup title at home Updated: Apr-08-14 7:47 am
- Cue samba: Brazil's World Cup bound to be special Updated: Apr-08-14 4:26 am
- Pastore scores solo goal as PSG beats Chelsea 3-1 Updated: Apr-02-14 6:42 pm
- Guardiola proves a safer pair of hands than Moyes Updated: Mar-31-14 2:00 pm
- Bayern midfielder Thiago Alcantara out 6-8 weeks Updated: Mar-29-14 4:17 pm
PARIS - Edinson Cavani scored twice to fire Paris Saint-Germain to a 2-1 win over Lyon in the French League Cup final on Saturday.
ROME - Giuseppe Rossi and Antonio Cassano were called up for World Cup fitness tests Friday by Italy coach Cesare Prandelli, while in-form forward Mattia Destro was left out while serving a three-match ban in Serie A.
ROME - There was the Mario Balotelli-inspired 2-1 win over Germany in the 2012 European Championship semifinals. And long stretches of dominance over Spain in last year's Confederations Cup semifinals - even though Spain eventually won in a penalty shootout.
MUNICH - Champions League title holder Bayern Munich has not won a match since lifting the Bundesliga title with seven games to spare. That run includes the 1-1 draw at Manchester United in the first quarterfinal leg and Bayern's first Bundesliga defeat this season, a 1-0 loss at Augsburg.
MADRID - Vicente del Bosque's calm, composed and assured demeanor doesn't quite reveal the true extent of the stress he has endured in leading Spain to World Cup and European Championship titles.
MADRID - Spain has a chance to become the first team to win back-to-back World Cup titles since Brazil in 1962, and what better place to do it than in the country that coined the phrase "Jogo Bonito."
SAO PAULO - Playing at home, Brazil will be attracting more attention than usual at the World Cup.
SAO PAULO - On the field, Brazil is ready for the World Cup.
Like sunshine and happiness or Lennon and McCartney, football and Brazil go together, each making the other better. So the first World Cup in Brazil in 64 years is bound to be special.
PARIS - Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho called his team's defending "a joke" after Paris Saint-Germain scored deep into injury time Wednesday to take a commanding 3-1 lead into their Champions League quarterfinal return leg next week.
MANCHESTER, England - As David Moyes lurches from one setback to another in his troubled first season at Old Trafford, Manchester United's hierarchy may well be casting envious glances at Bayern Munich to discover just how smooth managerial transition can be.