- Cole not sharp early as Pirates lose 7-4 to Brewers Updated: Sep-02-15 12:42 am
- Nelson leads Brewers past Pirates 7-4 Updated: Sep-02-15 12:24 am
MILWAUKEE - Jimmy Nelson followed up one of his worst starts of the season with one of his best.
- LEADING OFF: Bumgarner vs. Greinke, rosters reboot Updated: Aug-31-15 9:20 pm
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues Tuesday:
- De La Rosa dominates as Rockies beat Pirates 5-0 Updated: Aug-30-15 6:08 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jorge De La Rosa was happy with the game's outcome but a little embarrassed by how his day ended.
- Pirates' Burnett takes a step closer to return Updated: Aug-30-15 2:23 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pirates right-hander A.J. Burnett is hopeful of returning to the rotation by mid-September following a 71-pitch bullpen session on Sunday.
- Cole gets 15th win, Pirates top Marlins 2-1 Updated: Aug-27-15 11:02 pm
MIAMI - The Pittsburgh Pirates took on the deepest parts of Marlins Park on Thursday night, and won.
- Ramirez, Pirates rough up Mets after rain, sweep season set Updated: Aug-16-15 6:59 pm
NEW YORK - The Pittsburgh Pirates are about as in sync off the field as they are on it.
- Correction: Pirates-Cardinals story Updated: Aug-14-15 12:38 pm
ST. LOUIS - In a story Aug. 11 about the St. Louis Cardinals' 4-3 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates, The Associated Press reported erroneously several statistics from the game. Cardinals pitcher Carlos Martinez walked zero batters, not one; A home run by Pedro Alvarez in the fourth inning put the Pirates ahead 3-1, not 3-2; Gerrit Cole entered his start on Wednesday 1-0 with a 2.57 ERA against the Cardinals, not 0-3 with a 5.95 ERA; and Cole was 13-5 with a 2.38 ERA in his other 21 starts, not 14-2 with a 1.82 ERA in his other 18 starts.
- Greinke's bat helps Dodgers beat Phillies 10-8 Updated: Aug-06-15 5:36 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Zack Greinke's hitting outshined his pitching.
- Polanco, McCutchen homer in Pirates' 7-5 win over Cubs Updated: Aug-05-15 11:24 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Pirates looked for Gregory Polanco to give them a spark when they moved him to the top of the batting order last month after leadoff hitter Josh Harrison tore a ligament in his thumb.