- Former US Attorney General Eric Holder negotiating MTN fine Updated: Feb-04-16 9:01 am
LAGOS, Nigeria - Former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is leading negotiations for MTN as the South Africa-based telecommunications giant tries to eliminate or reduce a $3.9 billion fine imposed against the company's Nigerian subsidiary, the Nigerian Communications Commission said Thursday.
- Task force recommends how to cut US prisoner count by 60,000 Updated: Jan-26-16 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - The Justice Department should limit the types of cases it brings and more nonviolent criminals should be steered toward probation and away from prison, according to task force recommendations designed to cut the federal inmate count and save more than $5 billion in the coming years.
- Officials from Obama's Cabinet lining up behind Clinton Updated: Jan-25-16 3:32 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Clinton hasn't just been wrapping herself in President Barack Obama's legacy lately. She's been wrapping herself in his Cabinet.
- Judge rules against Justice Dept. in Fast and Furious fight Updated: Jan-19-16 6:20 pm
WASHINGTON - A federal judge on Tuesday rejected the Justice Department's claim of executive privilege used to withhold certain documents tied to the Fast and Furious "gun-walking" scandal from release to a congressional committee.
- Mandatory minimum sentences play a role in ranching standoff Updated: Jan-18-16 6:55 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The seeds of this month's insurrection at a Harney County wildlife refuge were planted in an unusual midnight deal struck in 2012 between prosecutors and Harney County ranchers Dwight and Steven Hammond.
- Attorney General Eric Holder in SC for MLK Day event Updated: Jan-17-16 7:11 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is in South Carolina to attend a Martin Luther King Day event.
- Clinton gets nod from former Attorney General Eric Holder Updated: Jan-13-16 8:09 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - As she works to maintain an advantage among African-American voters in her quest for the Democratic presidential nomination, Hillary Clinton has secured an endorsement from the nation's first black attorney general.