- Vols' Kirkland emerges as major contributor in freshman year Updated: Nov-26-15 12:15 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee linebacker Darrin Kirkland Jr. is continuing a recent Volunteers tradition by emerging as an impact performer on defense as a freshman.
- Pressure Cooker: SEC coaches face unyielding pressure to win Updated: Nov-25-15 11:34 am
LSU's Les Miles won't read papers or watch TV this week prepping for Texas A&M.
- Mason making it clear freshman QB must boost Vandy offense Updated: Nov-24-15 4:37 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Vanderbilt Commodores' offense has nearly withered away over the past month, and coach Derek Mason is making it clear freshman quarterback Kyle Shurmur must give them a big boost.
- Tennessee defense beating up on weak offenses late in season Updated: Nov-23-15 5:22 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A weak late-season schedule has given Tennessee's defense an opportunity to flex its muscles.
- Tennessee beats Missouri 19-8, spoils Pinkel home finale Updated: Nov-22-15 12:40 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Tennessee ignored the pre-game hoopla and the adverse conditions.
- Vols accustomed to facing teams dealing with transition Updated: Nov-17-15 12:29 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - On the frequent occasions when Tennessee coach Butch Jones discusses the need to adjust to "sudden change," he's usually referring to turnovers or big plays that dramatically alter momentum and field position.
- Kamara helps Tennessee blank North Texas 24-0 Updated: Nov-14-15 5:40 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee had the kind of favorable matchup that figured to showcase its offense.
- Tennessee's Barnett surging in second half of season again Updated: Nov-12-15 1:40 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee defensive end Derek Barnett has a habit of heating up when the weather starts cooling down.
- Vols' Maggitt likely out at least until potential bowl game Updated: Nov-11-15 1:02 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee defensive end/linebacker Curt Maggitt likely will miss at least the rest of the regular season with the hip injury that has sidelined him since mid-September.
- Tennessee dominates 1st half, struggles to close out games Updated: Nov-10-15 12:24 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee has been the Southeastern Conference's most dominant team in the first half of games this season.
- Tennessee's Jones wants Vols to maintain focus at home Updated: Nov-09-15 4:07 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee coach Butch Jones wants his team to show the same kind of focus at home that it has displayed on the road recently.
- Late fumble preserves Vols' 27-24 win over South Carolina Updated: Nov-07-15 8:48 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee coach Butch Jones wasn't complaining even after his team allowed a 17-point lead to turn into a narrow escape.
- Tennessee's Berry emerges as nation's top kickoff returner Updated: Nov-05-15 7:58 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's Evan Berry has become well known around campus for more than his family connections.
- Tennessee pass rush finally adapting to Maggitt's absence Updated: Nov-02-15 7:27 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's defense is discovering how to produce an effective pass rush without its injured leader.
- Dobbs, big returns help Tennessee trounce Kentucky 52-21 Updated: Nov-01-15 12:19 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Tennessee took an indirect route to produce its typical rout of Kentucky.
- Return TDs show why long field-goal tries remain risky Updated: Oct-29-15 4:59 pm
The improbable finish to the Georgia Tech-Florida State game has turned into a teaching moment at practice fields across the country.
- Tennessee's Hurd says weight gain has made him better back Updated: Oct-29-15 3:06 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee running back Jalen Hurd's bigger body is helping him produce bigger numbers.
- No. 11 Florida, Georgia begin key stretch in SEC races Updated: Oct-28-15 2:43 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - With a month left in the regular season, most of the Southeastern Conference is already out of title contention.
- Injured Tennessee OT Kendrick won't play against Kentucky Updated: Oct-28-15 1:25 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee offensive tackle Brett Kendrick will miss a third straight game Saturday due to elbow and knee injuries.