- 5 things to know after Eagles beat Lions 34-20 Updated: Dec-09-13 3:41 am
- Lions struggle to hold onto ball in loss to Eagles Updated: Dec-08-13 6:11 pm
- McCoy runs for 217, Eagles beat Lions Updated: Dec-08-13 5:23 pm
- Eagles gearing up to stop Calvin Johnson Updated: Dec-06-13 5:27 pm
- Wide receivers putting up big numbers, too Updated: Dec-05-13 3:45 am
- Up-tempo Eagles next test for Suh, Lions Updated: Dec-04-13 6:43 pm
- Lions LB Lewis suspended under substance policy Updated: Dec-03-13 7:18 pm
- Packers' slide continues in 40-10 rout by Lions Updated: Nov-28-13 5:59 pm
- Lions score 37 straight in 40-10 rout over Packers Updated: Nov-28-13 5:50 pm
- Lions looking for boost from Burleson Updated: Nov-26-13 6:01 pm
- Lions can't dwell on bad loss to Bucs Updated: Nov-25-13 6:16 pm
- 5 things to know after Bucs edge Lions 24-21 Updated: Nov-25-13 3:38 am
- Mistake-prone Lions lose to Tampa Bay 24-21 Updated: Nov-24-13 6:29 pm
- Bucs beat Lions 24-21 for 3rd straight victory Updated: Nov-24-13 6:03 pm
- Tampa Bay's Revis leaves game with groin injury Updated: Nov-24-13 3:05 pm
- Sideline scuffles are just a part of football Updated: Nov-22-13 4:20 am
- Bucs' Revis eyes matchup against Lions' Johnson Updated: Nov-21-13 4:23 pm
- Stafford tries to shake off loss to Steelers Updated: Nov-19-13 6:20 pm
- Even at 4-6, Steelers hardly out of playoff hunt Updated: Nov-19-13 5:59 pm
- Schwartz stands by fake FG call Updated: Nov-18-13 7:06 pm
- Resilient Steelers rally past erratic Lions 37-27 Updated: Nov-18-13 3:36 am
- Lions collapse late, fall to Steelers 37-27 Updated: Nov-17-13 7:14 pm
- Big Ben, Steelers rally past Lions 37-27 Updated: Nov-17-13 6:38 pm
- Steelers CB Taylor welcomes shot at Calvin Johnson Updated: Nov-14-13 7:13 pm
- Improved Lions hoping for consistency Updated: Nov-14-13 6:14 pm
PHILADELPHIA - On a slippery, snow-filled field against a run-stuffing defense, LeSean McCoy had the game of his life.
PHILADELPHIA - Jeremy Ross plowed his way through the snow, even with cleats that felt more appropriate for date night than a touchdown dance.
PHILADELPHIA - Once LeSean McCoy put his head down and ran straight ahead instead of juking and jiving, no one could stop him.
PHILADELPHIA - If last week's encounter with the Arizona Cardinals and Pro Bowl wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald was a test for the Philadelphia Eagles secondary; Sunday's match-up with the Detroit Lions and Calvin Johnson is a final exam.
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Peyton Manning's 403-yard performance Sunday at Kansas City officially made this season the biggest one ever for quarterbacks.
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Detroit coach Jim Schwartz offered one obvious antidote to Philadelphia's fast-paced offense, which his Lions will try to contain this weekend.
DETROIT - Detroit Lions linebacker Travis Lewis was suspended Tuesday for the final four games of the regular season for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
DETROIT - Josh Sitton had to concede that this was a pretty one-sided loss.
DETROIT - Matthew Stafford and Reggie Bush did their part to keep the Aaron Rodgers-less Green Bay Packers in the game.
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Nate Burleson caught a touchdown pass in his first game back from an arm injury, then held the ball aloft like it was a freshly made pizza.
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions have a decent excuse if they do not want to talk about last weekend's head-scratching loss to Tampa Bay.
DETROIT - Calvin Johnson adjusted to the flight of the ball and it looked like he was about to come down with another big catch.
DETROIT - Even by Detroit's exasperating standards, this loss was befuddling.
DETROIT - Tampa Bay is turning around its season, relying on a cool and calm rookie quarterback and an opportunistic defense.
DETROIT - Tampa Bay cornerback Darrelle Revis has left Sunday's game against Detroit with a groin injury. His return is questionable.
Meltdowns are as much a part of the NFL sidelines as cheerleaders and first-down markers. It seems every week a receiver retreats to the bench yelling at his quarterback, who usually barks right back.
TAMPA, Florida - Darrelle Revis relishes the challenge of covering the NFL's top receivers, so he's especially looking forward to a matchup against Calvin Johnson.
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - When Matthew Stafford and the Lions left the field at halftime, it looked like there was nothing the Pittsburgh Steelers could do to stop Detroit's offense.
PITTSBURGH - The math is tantalizing.
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Jim Schwartz is standing by his decision to call a fake field goal in the fourth quarter at Pittsburgh.
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers aren't quite ready to say they're in the playoff hunt.
PITTSBURGH - Backed up and fed up, Ben Roethlisberger provided a vivid reminder to his critics and the Detroit Lions of just how dangerous he and his suddenly surging team remain.
PITTSBURGH - Forget the exotic coverage schemes. Throw out the double teams. Oh, and the triple teams too.
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - For the second time in three years, the Detroit Lions are making a legitimate push for the playoffs.