- Supreme Court debates challenge to execution drug Updated: Apr-29-15 4:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Supreme Court justices engaged in an impassioned debate Wednesday about capital punishment, trading unusually combative words in a case involving a drug used in several botched executions.
- What they said: Supreme Court quotes on gay marriage Updated: Apr-28-15 3:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Excerpts from arguments before the Supreme Court on Tuesday about whether states must allow same-sex couples to marry and whether states must recognize gay marriages performed in other states:
- Court weighs excessive force against inmates awaiting trial Updated: Apr-27-15 2:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Amid a growing national debate over police use of force, the Supreme Court struggled Monday with a related question of claims of excessive force against jail officials by people who are accused but not yet convicted of crimes.
- Can government squeeze raisin growers? Justices have doubts Updated: Apr-22-15 3:08 pm
WASHINGTON - A post-World War II-era program that forces raisin producers to give part of their annual crop to the government could soon be a relic of history.
- High court makes it easier to sue government for negligence Updated: Apr-22-15 11:16 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Wednesday made it easier for people to sue the federal government for negligence, in a decision that could affect military veterans with claims of medical malpractice.
- SUPREME COURT NOTEBOOK: Female justices honor O'Connor Updated: Apr-15-15 9:06 pm
WASHINGTON - All three female justices on the Supreme Court came together Wednesday to pay tribute to the life and continuing legacy of former Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, the first woman to serve on the high court.