- House speaker asks court to sort out tax dispute with Senate Updated: May-22-15 4:38 pm
BOSTON - Amid legislative work on a budget, Massachusetts House Speaker Robert DeLeo is asking the state's highest court to weigh in on a Senate-approved measure to freeze the state income tax rate at 5.15 percent while gradually increasing the earned income tax credit for low-income working families.
- Gov. Baker praises Senate for backing MBTA control board Updated: May-22-15 4:31 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker is praising the Massachusetts Senate for supporting his proposal to create a financial control board to oversee management of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority.
- Massachusetts House speaker stuck in school during lockdown Updated: May-21-15 8:20 pm
WEYMOUTH, Massachusetts - Police have arrested a 15-year-old boy whose boast of having a gun led to a lockdown at a Massachusetts high school during a visit by Massachusetts House Speaker Robert DeLeo and another lawmaker.
- Massachusetts home care workers press for $15 per hour wage Updated: May-13-15 4:32 pm
BOSTON - Hundreds of homecare workers delivered hand-signed letters to Gov. Charlie Baker's office Wednesday pressing for what they called a $15 an hour "living wage."
- Massachusetts marks 50th anniversary of King speech Updated: Apr-27-15 2:50 pm
BOSTON - The Legislature has paused from debating current day matters to mark 50 years since Martin Luther King Jr. spoke at the Massachusetts Statehouse.
- Massachusetts political figures recall Armenian massacre Updated: Apr-24-15 7:40 pm
BOSTON - Top officials from both political parties in Massachusetts are calling on President Barack Obama to officially recognize the slaughter of more than a million Armenians by Ottoman Turks a hundred years ago as one of the first genocides of the 20th century.