- George W. Bush visits disaster zone, 10 years after Katrina Updated: Aug-28-15 6:18 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Former President George W. Bush enjoyed sympathetic audiences in New Orleans and Mississippi on Friday as he returned to the region where Hurricane Katrina sank his popularity 10 years ago.
- The Latest: Former President Bush arrives in Mississippi Updated: Aug-28-15 2:14 pm
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The latest on former President George W. Bush's trip to New Orleans and Gulfport, Mississippi, to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina (all times local):
- Obama to people of New Orleans: You inspire me, and America Updated: Aug-27-15 9:01 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Visiting residents on tidy porch stoops and sampling the fried chicken at a corner restaurant, President Barack Obama held out the people of New Orleans on Thursday as an extraordinary example of renewal and resilience 10 years after the devastation of Hurricane Katrina.
- Correction: Katrina-The Water City story Updated: Aug-26-15 11:07 am
NEW ORLEANS - In a story Aug. 25 about a new urban water plan for the city of New Orleans, The Associated Press misspelled the name of a chief architect of the plan. He is David Waggonner, not Waggoner.
- New Orleans woman among White House fellows Updated: Aug-24-15 6:32 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A New Orleans woman is among the 2015-2016 class of White House Fellows.
- Wal-Mart makes $25M commitment as Katrina anniversary nears Updated: Aug-21-15 8:38 am
NEW ORLEANS - With the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina approaching, Wal-Mart is announcing a $25 million, five-year commitment to support disaster recovery efforts around the world.
- Landrieu thanks Houston for sheltering those fleeing Katrina Updated: Aug-20-15 10:13 pm
HOUSTON - New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu visited Houston to thanks the city's leaders and its citizens for providing shelter for residents fleeing his city in front of Hurricane Katrina 10 years ago.
- Former presidents G.W. Bush, Clinton to mark Katrina 10th Updated: Aug-20-15 4:37 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Mayor Mitch Landrieu says former Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton will visit New Orleans next week for the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. Their visits follow that of President Barack Obama, who is coming to the city Thursday.
- Former presidents G.W. Bush, Clinton to mark Katrina 10th Updated: Aug-20-15 3:28 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Mayor Mitch Landrieu says former Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton will visit New Orleans next week for the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. Their visits follow that of President Barak Obama, who's coming to the city Thursday.
- Treasurer: Put Charity Hospital development plans on hold Updated: Aug-17-15 6:55 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Treasurer John Kennedy wants Gov. Bobby Jindal's administration to leave any planning about the future of the shuttered, historic Charity Hospital in New Orleans to Louisiana's next governor and lawmakers.
- GOP candidates for governor oppose removing monuments Updated: Aug-17-15 6:31 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - All three Republicans in Louisiana's race for governor say they're against moving Confederate monuments in New Orleans, while the one Democrat says the question should be left to city officials.