- Romania turns hacking crisis into advantage, helping Ukraine Updated: May-13-15 3:34 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Ukraine is turning to an unlikely partner in its struggle to defend itself against Russian cyber warfare: Romania.
- States vary in success at improving high school grad rates Updated: May-12-15 2:23 pm
WASHINGTON - The record high American graduation rate masks large gaps among low income students and those with disabilities compared to their peers.
- Former CIA leader defends drone strikes, torture Updated: May-04-15 2:57 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama ordered a barrage of CIA drone strikes in Yemen in 2013 that killed the al-Qaida operatives behind the most serious plotting against American interests in years, a former CIA leader says in a new memoir that broadly defends the targeted killing of terrorists.
- Kerry pledges closer US ties with reform-minded Sri Lanka Updated: May-02-15 9:37 am
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Saturday championed the new Sri Lankan government's push for democratic reform and promised closer ties with the strategically located Indian Ocean nation.
- Kerry travels to Sri Lanka to cheer on democratic reforms Updated: May-01-15 12:22 pm
WASHINGTON - John Kerry is making the first visit to Sri Lanka by a U.S. secretary of state in a decade, seizing a rare opportunity to champion democratic reform and to tighten ties at a strategic crossroads in the vast Indian Ocean.