- Obama on protests: 'There are consequences to indifference' Updated: May-04-15 6:19 pm
NEW YORK - In a deeply personal response to outbreaks of racially motivated protests, President Barack Obama on Monday blamed a lack of opportunity in minority communities and harsher treatment of black and Hispanic men by police for fueling a sense of "unfairness and powerlessness."
- Former CIA leader defends drone strikes, torture Updated: May-04-15 2:57 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama ordered a barrage of CIA drone strikes in Yemen in 2013 that killed the al-Qaida operatives behind the most serious plotting against American interests in years, a former CIA leader says in a new memoir that broadly defends the targeted killing of terrorists.
- Kerry pledges closer US ties with reform-minded Sri Lanka Updated: May-02-15 9:37 am
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Saturday championed the new Sri Lankan government's push for democratic reform and promised closer ties with the strategically located Indian Ocean nation.
- Kerry travels to Sri Lanka to cheer on democratic reforms Updated: May-01-15 12:22 pm
WASHINGTON - John Kerry is making the first visit to Sri Lanka by a U.S. secretary of state in a decade, seizing a rare opportunity to champion democratic reform and to tighten ties at a strategic crossroads in the vast Indian Ocean.
- Gloria Estefan to perform at Capitol for Memorial Day in DC Updated: Apr-29-15 3:34 am
- Slave shackles unearthed on Alabama farm inspires book Updated: Apr-12-15 9:54 am
COLUMBUS, Georgia - Tony Watkins has fond memories of spending time with his great-grandmother in Lowndes County, Alabama.