- Wisconsin gov would call voter ID special session Updated: Mar-11-14 2:48 pm
- Common Core bill appears dead in Wisconsin Senate Updated: Mar-06-14 8:07 pm
- Wis. committee OKs sand mine bill opposed by towns Updated: Mar-05-14 4:37 pm
- Wisconsin Senate passes governor's tax cuts Updated: Mar-04-14 7:49 pm
- Wisconsin GOP moves gun bills but ignores checks Updated: Feb-27-14 6:38 pm
- More confusion over Wis. school accountability Updated: Feb-20-14 2:08 pm
- Lawmakers close in on Walker tax cut agreement Updated: Feb-18-14 1:46 pm
- Helen Hayes' former NY mansion is on the market Updated: Feb-17-14 12:04 pm
- Menominee leader criticizes Wis. school mascot law Updated: Feb-13-14 8:04 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker said Tuesday he would call legislators into special session to modify Wisconsin's stalled voter photo identification requirements to conform with pending court rulings and reinstate the mandate ahead of the November elections.
MADISON, Wisconsin - A bill that would give the Legislature power to write and approve Wisconsin's academic standards is unlikely to pass in its current form, the leader of the state Senate said Thursday as hundreds of teachers, school administrators and business leaders converged on the Capitol to oppose it.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Senate's mining committee approved a Republican bill Wednesday that would prohibit local governments from creating new sand mine regulations, but it's unclear whether the measure will go any further.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Republicans moved closer to making Gov. Scott Walker's plan to use the state's surplus to cover $504 million in tax cuts reality Tuesday, pushing the measure through the state Senate despite Democrats' complaints the proposal is just a token election-year ploy.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Republicans moved ahead with narrow bills to streamline gun seizures in domestic abuse cases Thursday. Minority Democrats, though, demanded the GOP go bigger and impose universal background checks.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republicans who control the Wisconsin Legislature still can't agree on how far to go with a school accountability bill, canceling an Assembly committee vote at the last minute Thursday as wrangling behind the scenes continues.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republicans who control the state Legislature are close to a deal that will lead to passage of Gov. Scott Walker's $504 million income and property tax package next month, Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald said Tuesday.
NYACK, New York - In the market for a little real estate?
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Menominee Nation's new chairwoman gently criticized Wisconsin's new school mascot law in an address before legislators Thursday, saying the changes will damage native children.