- NATO ups military presence amid Russian threat Updated: Apr-16-14 7:55 pm
- EU agrees to work more closely with NATO Updated: Apr-15-14 11:16 am
- NATO's chief: Russia's actions are illegitimate Updated: Apr-11-14 6:50 am
- Norway's Stoltenberg appointed as new NATO chief Updated: Mar-28-14 1:46 pm
- Obama worries NATO allies spending less on defense Updated: Mar-26-14 1:14 pm
- Obama plays up US-Europe bond amid Russia tension Updated: Mar-26-14 1:00 pm
- Will Afghanistan security take backseat to Europe? Updated: Mar-20-14 3:19 am
- NATO chief: Russian aggression is 'wake-up call' Updated: Mar-19-14 4:12 pm
- Ukraine crisis gives NATO alliance new purpose Updated: Mar-18-14 11:24 am
BRUSSELS - NATO is strengthening its military footprint along its eastern border immediately in response to Russia's aggression in Ukraine, the alliance's chief said Wednesday.
LUXEMBOURG - Spooked by Russia's actions against Ukraine and what the Kremlin may attempt in the future, European Union defense ministers agreed Tuesday to step up cooperation with the U.S.-led NATO defense alliance.
SOFIA, Bulgaria - NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen has urged Russia to pull back its troops from Ukraine's borders and enter a dialogue respecting Ukraine's sovereignty.
BRUSSELS - Former Norwegian Premier Jens Stoltenberg will take over as NATO chief starting in October, the second Scandinavian in a row to lead the military alliance.
BRUSSELS - President Barack Obama says he's concerned that some NATO allies are reducing their spending on defense.
BRUSSELS - President Barack Obama and European Union leaders presented a unified front Wednesday against Russia's annexation of Crimea, promoting trans-Atlantic trade as an antidote to Russia's influence in the region and a way to help Europe become less dependent on Moscow for energy.
WASHINGTON - With Russia pushing new hostilities to Europe's doorstep, U.S. and NATO officials are trying to gauge whether already dwindling resources and attention will be diverted from what, until now, has been a top security priority: Afghanistan.
WASHINGTON - Russia's advances in Ukraine are the greatest threat to European security since the Cold War, NATO's chief said Wednesday, making clear that military alliance must refocus on risks closer to home after years of fighting in faraway war zones.
BRUSSELS - With a deafening thunder, the first NATO AWACS surveillance plane pierces the milky morning sky over Germany's Geilenkirchen base, on its way to monitor the skies above Ukraine.