- Panel: LAPD justified in death of homeless black man Updated: Feb-02-16 10:05 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles police officers were justified when they fatally shot a homeless black man on Skid Row six times, including twice in the chest, a civilian oversight panel said Tuesday.
- Skeptics question proposed criminal sentences ballot measure Updated: Jan-28-16 5:37 am
SACRAMENTO, California - Gov. Jerry Brown's proposal to revamp California's criminal sentencing laws could have unintended consequences, skeptics said, even as it takes the next step in meeting a federal requirement for the state to reduce its prison population.
- The Latest: California governor proposes sentencing reforms Updated: Jan-27-16 6:59 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The Latest on Gov. Jerry Brown's proposal to reform sentencing (all times local):
- The Latest: Thousands line South LA streets for parade Updated: Jan-19-16 12:19 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The latest on rallies, marches and speeches honoring the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. (all times local):
- Thousands line South LA streets for MLK Day parade Updated: Jan-18-16 9:26 pm
LOS ANGELES - Thousands of people lined the streets of South Los Angeles to for a Martin Luther King Jr. Day parade that is among the nation's biggest celebrations of the holiday.
- Crime up across board in LA; homicides, rapes rise 9 percent Updated: Jan-13-16 6:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - Although crimes including murder and rape are up across the board in Los Angeles, the city is still far less violent than it has been in the past, city leaders said Wednesday as they released citywide statistics for 2015.