- Maryland officials reviewing Obama's greenhouse gas limits Updated: Aug-03-15 6:55 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Republican Gov. Larry Hogan's administration is taking some time to review the impact of President Barack Obama's plan to dramatically cut emissions from U.S. power plants, while Maryland Democrats already were praising the plan released Monday.
- Key senators seek briefing on US human trafficking report Updated: Jul-29-15 11:15 am
WASHINGTON - Senate Foreign Relations Committee leaders are questioning the State Department's decision to take Malaysia and Cuba off a U.S. blacklist of countries that have failed to combat modern-day slavery.
- Kerry: Agreement on Iran issue only alternative to force Updated: Jul-24-15 10:48 am
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry said Friday that if Congress disapproves of the Iranian nuclear deal, it will undermine President Barack Obama's ability to act throughout the world.
- Federal grant to help Garrett County study fracking impact Updated: Jul-17-15 11:55 am
WASHINGTON - The federal government is awarding funds to help a western Maryland county study the potential economic impact of hydraulic fracturing for natural gas.
- Race the clock: Key Democrats size up Obama's Iran deal Updated: Jul-17-15 3:20 am
WASHINGTON - Democratic lawmakers say they're going to make those 60 days count.
- The Latest: Obama: Unlikely that deal benefits militants Updated: Jul-15-15 2:55 pm
WASHINGTON - Here are the latest developments involving the agreement between the United States, Iran and world powers to limit the Islamic Republic's nuclear program (all times EDT):
- White House seeking Democrats to support Iran nuclear deal Updated: Jul-14-15 5:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Just hours after announcing a landmark nuclear agreement with Iran on Tuesday, the White House launched a robust lobbying campaign to persuade skeptical Democrats in Congress to approve the deal.
- Lawmakers concerned about Greenbelt veterans clinic closure Updated: Jul-10-15 12:08 pm
GREENBELT, Maryland - Maryland lawmakers are calling the closure of a Greenbelt outpatient clinic in September without a replacement plan "a step in the wrong direction."