- State Dept: Trade bill can't defend Israel's territories Updated: Jun-30-15 5:42 pm
WASHINGTON - One day after President Barack Obama signed hard-fought trade legislation, his administration took issue with language meant to discourage boycotts of Israel.
- US Sen. Leahy sees 'positive change,' work to do in Cuba Updated: Jun-27-15 4:47 pm
HAVANA - A leading U.S. Democratic senator said Saturday that Cuba is making progress on reform, but much remains to be done, including opening a U.S. embassy in the country.
- Leahy heads US Senate delegation to Cuba ahead of embassies Updated: Jun-26-15 6:17 pm
HAVANA - A bipartisan delegation of U.S. senators was in Cuba on Friday to meet with top government officials and others to discuss rapprochement between the two countries.
- FEMA denies disaster aid to cover Baltimore riot costs Updated: Jun-19-15 5:19 pm
Federal officials have denied Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan's request for a disaster declaration to let the city of Baltimore and the state recover millions of dollars in costs stemming from rioting that followed the police-involved death of Freddie Gray, officials said Friday.
- Senate panel denounces 'war crimes' in Syria Updated: Jun-09-15 6:32 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate Foreign Relations Committee has approved a bill that condemns violence in Syria and calls on the State Department to report to Congress on war crimes and crimes against humanity in the country.
- Sen. Cardin to attend discussion on Baltimore unrest Updated: Jun-05-15 2:19 am
BALTIMORE - Sen. Ben Cardin is scheduled to attend a discussion with members of communities directly affected by rioting in Baltimore after the death of Freddie Gray.