- Maryland officials meet at White House on Baltimore recovery Updated: May-20-15 6:34 pm
- Lawmakers press admin over response to China island building Updated: May-13-15 5:05 pm
WASHINGTON - Senators pressured the Obama administration on Wednesday for a more robust response to China's provocative actions in East Asian seas, as concern grows in Washington that Beijing is building artificial islands to assert military control over disputed territory.
- Obama administration urges approval of US-China nuclear pact Updated: May-12-15 5:05 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration on Tuesday urged senators to support a new 30-year agreement with China on civilian nuclear cooperation but faced a barrage of concern from both parties that Chinese companies are exporting sensitive technology to Iran and North Korea.
- Iran Legislation is win-win for GOP, Obama Updated: May-08-15 10:26 am
WASHINGTON - Republicans in control of Congress want a say on negotiations to ease sanctions against Iran in exchange for concessions on nuclear research and development, and a bipartisan accomplishment signed into law to showcase an ability to govern sensibly.
- Officials, church plan to rebuild burned community center Updated: May-04-15 3:01 pm
BALTIMORE - An eastern Baltimore church and developers say they'll start rebuilding a senior housing center destroyed during rioting.