- House Finance advances gas line bill Updated: Apr-19-14 12:25 am
- Senate Finance unveils education bill rewrite Updated: Apr-19-14 12:16 am
- Lawmakers OK bill loosening rules for distilleries Updated: Apr-18-14 12:44 pm
- Legislature confirms 4 state commissioners Updated: Apr-17-14 3:54 pm
- Expert: Kansas church protesters unlikely to show Updated: Apr-16-14 9:43 pm
- House committee advances bill on AGDC appointments Updated: Apr-08-14 11:13 pm
- Alaska to sue for road through wildlife refuge Updated: Apr-07-14 8:11 pm
- House Finance tweaks school-funding formula Updated: Apr-01-14 8:46 pm
- Appeals court sides with Alaska on roadless rule Updated: Mar-26-14 8:20 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The House Finance Committee on Friday advanced a bill setting the state's participation in a major liquefied natural gas project, with members expressing a mix of both optimism and skepticism about whether the process would yield a long hoped-for gas line.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Senate Finance Committee proposed an overhaul to a broad-ranging education bill Friday, opting to provide additional money to districts outside the per-pupil funding formula. Critics called the approach disappointing.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The five craft distilleries in Alaska can start promoting themselves as tourism destinations after legislative action this week.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska Legislature has confirmed Gov. Sean Parnell's picks to lead the departments of Natural Resources, Revenue, Public Safety and Administration.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An expert on hate groups said it was unlikely protesters from a nationally known Kansas church will show up in Alaska to picket two institutions, despite their announcements to do so.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The House Rules Committee on Tuesday advanced legislation that would allow out-of-state residents to serve on the board of directors of the Alaska Gasline Development Corp.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The state of Alaska announced Monday it will sue the federal government to open a road through a national wildlife refuge so that residents of a village will have improved access for emergency flights at an all-weather airport.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The House Finance Committee on Tuesday tweaked Gov. Sean Parnell's omnibus education bill, freeing up about $13.5 million for school districts by changing how students are counted.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A divided federal appeals court panel on Wednesday sided with the state of Alaska in reversing a decision that reinstated prohibitions on road-building and the harvesting of timber in the nation's largest national forest.