- Astros turn triple play, rally to beat Tigers 3-2 Updated: May-23-15 8:59 pm
DETROIT - Of all the Detroit players who might hit into a triple play, Ian Kinsler was not a likely candidate.
- Astros turn 1st triple play since 2004, beat Tigers Updated: May-23-15 8:28 pm
DETROIT - The Houston Astros were having a miserable defensive inning. Two mistakes - one mental, one physical - had left Detroit with men on first and second, nobody out and one run already in against rookie Lance McCullers.
- Carter, Rasmus homer to back Hernandez as Astros beat A's Updated: May-20-15 1:20 am
HOUSTON - A combination of home runs and solid starting pitching has helped the Houston Astros get off to the best 40-game start in franchise history.
- McHugh leads Astros to 4-2 win over Blue Jays Updated: May-17-15 6:36 pm
HOUSTON - Just as in his last start, Collin McHugh said things were tough from the first pitch.
- Springer's tie-breaking homer leads Astros past Giants 4-3 Updated: May-14-15 12:51 am
HOUSTON - On his first night back in uniform in a week, George Springer exceeded his own expectations.
- Heston throws 2-hitter, Giants beat Astros 8-1 Updated: May-13-15 12:29 am
- Richards takes no-hit bid into 7th, Angels beat Astros 3-1 Updated: May-10-15 8:20 pm
ANAHEIM, California - With every start he makes, Garrett Richards looks more and more like the ace pitcher he was when his 2014 season ended abruptly because of a knee injury.
- No perfect bullpen strategy, but depth, flexibility help Updated: Apr-27-15 3:10 am
DETROIT - When the Detroit Tigers signed Joe Nathan before the 2014 season, they expected baseball's active saves leader to simply keep rolling. After a few too many bad outings, they traded for a backup plan in Joakim Soria, widely considered the top reliever on the market.