- Watchdog blames IRS incompetence for lost tea party emails Updated: Jun-25-15 3:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Investigators are blaming two IRS workers at a computer center in West Virginia for erasing thousands of emails related to the tax agency's tea party scandal, impeding congressional investigations into the treatment of conservative political groups.
- House panel on Benghazi attack releases more emails Updated: Jun-22-15 4:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton received hundreds of pages of emails about Libya from a longtime confidant, including both publicly available and unconfirmed material from sources about the cause of the 2012 attack on the U.S. diplomatic outpost in Benghazi that killed four Americans.
- Delivery by drone in 30 minutes? Amazon says it's coming Updated: Jun-17-15 1:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Borrowing a pizza delivery motto, online retail giant Amazon told Congress Wednesday it is developing the technology to use drones to deliver packages in 30 minutes or less, a broad expansion of unmanned flight that is raising concerns about safety, security and privacy.
- Rep. Sarbanes says he won't run for US Senate Updated: Jun-12-15 3:05 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland Rep. John Sarbanes says he won't run for the U.S. Senate seat that will be open when Sen. Barbara Mikulski retires.
- FOIA backlog soars despite Obama pledge of transparency Updated: Jun-03-15 4:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal agencies are struggling to keep up with the growing number of requests for public information, raising questions in Congress about the Obama administration's dedication to transparency.