- Maryland officials meet at White House on Baltimore recovery Updated: May-20-15 6:34 pm
- Correction: Presidential Expenses story Updated: May-20-15 1:37 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story May 19 about expenses for former presidents, The Associated Press reported erroneously that former President George H.W. Bush left office in 1989. He took office that year and left office in 1993.
- Again? Agents likely 'impaired' in White House incident Updated: May-14-15 4:18 pm
WASHINGTON - What were they thinking?
- Thousands in other cities protest death of Baltimore man Updated: Apr-30-15 3:02 am
BALTIMORE - Thousands of people hit the streets in Baltimore and several other cities, from Boston and New York to Indianapolis and Washington, D.C., on Wednesday to protest the death of a black man who died of spinal injuries after his arrest by Baltimore police and to demand reforms to police procedures.
- Latest on police-custody death: Prosecutor office protest Updated: Apr-29-15 1:08 pm
- After decades, NFL decides to give up tax-exempt status Updated: Apr-28-15 7:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Every so often, in a bid to sound threatening, a member of Congress has vowed to revoke the NFL's tax-exempt status. Now Commissioner Roger Goodell says the league will give it up voluntarily to "eliminate this distraction."
- Riots in Baltimore the product of anger, deep dysfunction Updated: Apr-28-15 6:14 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore is crab cakes, the cobblestone walkways of Fells Point, a vintage baseball stadium, the retro weirdness of John Waters. Cherry blossoms line the streets of its affluent neighborhoods. They call it "Charm City."