- George Genovese, former baseball scout, dies at 93 Updated: Nov-16-15 11:41 pm
BURBANK, California - George Genovese, a minor league shortstop and manager who became a scout for the San Francisco Giants and signed such future standouts as Bobby Bonds, George Foster and Gary Matthews, has died. He was 93.
- Johnson, Jones, Armstrong: Sport's doping hall of shame Updated: Nov-10-15 1:37 pm
LONDON - From Ben Johnson to Marion Jones to Lance Armstrong, the sports world has its own doping hall of shame.
- Griffey, Hoffman among newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot Updated: Nov-09-15 12:16 pm
NEW YORK - Ken Griffey Jr. and Trevor Hoffman are among 15 newcomers on this year's Hall of Fame ballot and will face a newly trimmed electorate along with steroid-tainted holdovers Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa.
- GM Rizzo: Nats negotiated with Black, Baker simultaneously Updated: Nov-05-15 3:02 pm
WASHINGTON - After the made-for-TV news conference was done, after new Washington Nationals manager Dusty Baker's name-checks of Bill Walsh, Bill Russell, Nelson Mandela, Stevie Wonder and others, after the team's owners quickly exited the room, GM Mike Rizzo stood with reporters off to the side and finally offered his version of what happened to the candidacy of Bud Black.
- Just a number: At 66, Baker looks to win big in golden years Updated: Nov-04-15 2:34 am
Dusty Baker has put up plenty of big stats in his baseball life: More than 1,000 RBIs, nearly 2,000 hits, 20 years as a player, 20 more as a manager.