- Giants say former athletic trainer has died Updated: Feb-24-14 7:00 pm
- Barry Bonds will be Giants spring instructor Updated: Feb-22-14 6:28 pm
- 5 things to know as the Pirates head to camp Updated: Feb-13-14 2:06 pm
- Braves to honor 40th anniversary of Aaron's record Updated: Feb-11-14 10:50 am
- Baseball greats toast Hank Aaron for 80th birthday Updated: Feb-07-14 11:48 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Barney Nugent, a former athletic trainer for the San Francisco Giants, died Saturday. He was 61.
The Pittsburgh Pirates ended two decades of losing in 2013, winning 94 games and taking the St. Louis Cardinals to the limit in the NL division series. Now the club gets to deal with something that has been foreign to them since 1992: heightened expectations. Five things to know as reigning MVP Andrew McCutchen and the rest of the Pirates start spring training:
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Braves are planning to honor the 40th anniversary of Hank Aaron's record 715th home run in a pregame ceremony before their home opener against the Mets on April 8.
WASHINGTON - At a hotel overlooking the White House, Attorney General Eric Holder motioned toward a window and paid Hank Aaron a huge compliment.