- Senate committee orders review of 'Cuban Twitter' Updated: Apr-10-14 2:22 pm
- Cuba probes mobile data leak in ZunZuneo case Updated: Apr-09-14 3:46 pm
- Cuban-Americans react to secret Twitter project Updated: Apr-03-14 4:46 pm
- Scott sending petition urging Venezuela sanctions Updated: Mar-31-14 5:18 pm
- Florida congressional representatives visit Haiti Updated: Mar-28-14 12:39 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate Foreign Relations Committee asked the U.S. Agency for International Development on Thursday to turn over all records about the Obama administration's secret Cuban twitter program as part of a broader review of the agency's civil-society efforts worldwide.
HAVANA - Cuba's government said Wednesday it has launched a probe into how hundreds of thousands of customer cellphone numbers fell into the hands of a U.S. government program that used them to secretly set up a mobile-based, Twitter-like social network on the island.
Cuban-Americans are divided over the revelation by The Associated Press that the U.S. government spent millions of dollars to secretly create a "Cuban Twitter" designed to undermine the island's communist government.
MIAMI - Gov. Rick Scott is sending a petition to the White House pushing for sanctions against Venezuelan leaders.
MIAMI - A bipartisan delegation of South Florida's congressional representatives is visiting Haiti.