- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop Updated: Apr-19-14 4:44 am
- GOP lawmaker objects to 9-0 vote for Obama library Updated: Apr-18-14 2:23 pm
- Illinois gives early OK to $100M for Obama museum Updated: Apr-17-14 5:19 pm
- Search for Chicago site for George Lucas museum Updated: Apr-17-14 1:07 pm
- $26M loan pool to rehab vacant rentals in Chicago Updated: Apr-16-14 4:05 am
- Fitch: Stable Chicago pensions 'many years away' Updated: Apr-09-14 6:42 pm
- Chicago pension deal creates quandary for Quinn Updated: Apr-09-14 6:18 pm
- Sandberg to speak at City Colleges of Chicago Updated: Apr-09-14 4:06 am
- Illinois Legislature OKs Chicago pension overhaul Updated: Apr-08-14 7:37 pm
- Unions urge Quinn to veto Chicago pension overhaul Updated: Apr-08-14 6:10 pm
- Quinn won't say if he'll sign Chicago pension bill Updated: Apr-08-14 3:25 pm
- Pensions pose latest challenge for Chicago mayor Updated: Apr-07-14 8:20 pm
- Moody's sees Chicago pension proposal as positive Updated: Apr-07-14 7:41 pm
- O'Hare unveils overhaul of international terminal Updated: Apr-04-14 4:44 pm
- O'Hare unveils overhaul of international terminal Updated: Apr-04-14 12:51 pm
- Discovery says Wallenda's next walk is in Chicago Updated: Apr-03-14 12:37 pm
- Quinn: Must reduce reliance on property tax Updated: Apr-03-14 12:33 pm
- Obama spends brief time in Chicago for fundraisers Updated: Apr-02-14 10:47 pm
- Senate GOP leader opposes Chicago pension deal Updated: Apr-02-14 5:12 pm
- Illinois governor calls Knuckles 'trailblazer' Updated: Apr-01-14 7:32 pm
- House music legend Frankie Knuckles dead at 59 Updated: Apr-01-14 5:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Thousands of pages of documents from President Bill Clinton's White House affirm a longtime adage: The more things change, the more they stay the same.
CHICAGO - At least one Republican lawmaker says he's filing a protest after an Illinois House committee recorded a 9-0 vote to commit $100 million to bring President Barack Obama's library to Chicago, even though only five Democrats - and none of the committee's four GOP members - were there.
CHICAGO - Even though Chicago is where Barack Obama got his start in politics, first lady Michelle Obama grew up and the Obamas still call their hometown, state and local officials aren't taking for granted that the Windy City will land the president's official library.
CHICAGO - As Yoda might say: A site for a museum you must find.
CHICAGO - Around a dozen private lenders have contributed to a $26 million loan pool that will finance the rehabilitation of vacant rental properties in Chicago.
CHICAGO - A major credit rating agency says an overhaul of two Chicago pension plans would prevent them from becoming insolvent, but long-term sustainability is "many years away."
CHICAGO - The Legislature's approval of a plan to reduce Chicago's multibillion-dollar pension shortfall is creating an election-year quandary for Gov. Pat Quinn, who must decide whether to indirectly sign off on a $750 million tax hike or risk derailing aid for a city in serious financial trouble.
CHICAGO - "Lean In" author Sheryl Sandberg will deliver the commencement address at the City Colleges of Chicago next month.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - State lawmakers on Tuesday approved Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's proposal for overhauling two city pension programs that officials say could otherwise be out of money in little more than a decade.
CHICAGO - A coalition of labor unions is urging Gov. Pat Quinn to veto Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's plan to overhaul two city pension systems.
CHICAGO - Rahm Emanuel has been a force in politics - the mastermind behind a Democratic takeover of Congress, dealmaker in two White Houses and now the hard-charging mayor intent on fixing what ails the nation's third-largest city, no matter whom he ticks off in the process.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A leading credit rating agency called legislation to overhaul to Chicago's pension funds a "positive development," but said it won't solve all the city's problems - especially if assumptions for annual investment returns fall short.
CHICAGO - Chicago unveiled a $26 million overhaul of O'Hare Airport's international terminal on Friday, showing off two dozen new high-end dining and shopping options.
CHICAGO - The city of Chicago has unveiled a $26 million overhaul of the international terminal at O'Hare Airport.
NEW YORK - Nik Wallenda is taking his high-wire act to Chicago for a tightrope walk to be televised this fall on Discovery, part of the network's strategy to entice viewers with live events.
CHICAGO - Gov. Pat Quinn won't say if he opposes legislation that would mean a hike in Chicago property taxes to overhaul two city pension systems, but says he wants to reduce reliance on such taxes as a revenue source.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois' Senate Republican leader says she's advised her caucus to oppose a plan from Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel to bail out two city pension systems.
CHICAGO - Gov. Pat Quinn calls late disc jockey Frankie Knuckles of Chicago a "true music trailblazer."
CHICAGO - Frankie Knuckles, a Grammy-winning Chicago disc jockey known as the "Godfather of House Music" who worked with artists including Michael Jackson and Diana Ross, has died at age 59.