- Durbin, Emanuel, Rush react to Mandela death Updated: Dec-05-13 7:35 pm
- Pension vote could alter Illinois governor's race Updated: Dec-04-13 6:00 pm
- George Lucas donates $25M to Chicago charity Updated: Dec-04-13 5:13 pm
- FBI to look for ways to stem Chicago violence Updated: Dec-02-13 5:58 pm
- GOP candidate has given own campaign $1.25M Updated: Nov-26-13 5:50 pm
- Obama's gatekeeper now point man on health care Updated: Nov-26-13 1:40 pm
- Holder: More fed money to fight Chicago violence Updated: Nov-25-13 9:52 pm
- Piles of Midwest 'petcoke' raising residents' ire Updated: Nov-25-13 5:47 pm
- VP Biden's Chicago visit includes stop at shelter Updated: Nov-25-13 4:55 pm
- Chicago could add e-cigarettes to city smoking ban Updated: Nov-23-13 4:40 pm
- Elected officials, activists at gay marriage event Updated: Nov-20-13 4:51 pm
- Deng helps Bulls edge Bobcats Updated: Nov-19-13 12:20 am
- Chicago mayor, comic engage over deep-dish diss Updated: Nov-15-13 7:08 pm
- Chicago mayor, comic engage in deep-dish diss Updated: Nov-15-13 2:30 pm
- One World Trade Center named tallest US building Updated: Nov-12-13 8:07 pm
- Chicago pays tribute to famed chef Charlie Trotter Updated: Nov-11-13 4:32 pm
- Lawmakers leave many Quinn priorities unresolved Updated: Nov-10-13 1:56 pm
- Gun bill stopped; Ill. lawmakers leave work undone Updated: Nov-07-13 4:40 pm
- Chicago expands free mammogram program Updated: Nov-07-13 4:08 am
- Illinois lawmakers vote to allow gay marriages Updated: Nov-05-13 6:08 pm
- Excerpts of editorials from Illinois newspapers Updated: Nov-05-13 11:46 am
CHICAGO - Illinoisans are mourning the death of Nelson Mandela.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Some longtime labor supporters chided Gov. Pat Quinn Wednesday over his legislative victory on a pension crisis he said he was "put on earth" to solve, a signal of the murky impact the landmark vote could have on next year's Illinois governor's race.
CHICAGO - The George Lucas Foundation will donate $25 million to an after-school program for children in Chicago over the next five years.
CHICAGO - The new head of Chicago's FBI office said Monday he'll look for ways his agents can do more to help stem homicide rates and other violent crimes in the nation's third-largest city, though he added it's not yet clear what more the FBI can do that it's not already doing.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A Republican candidate for Illinois governor who reported income of $53 million last year has contributed more than $1 million to his own campaign, but an analysis Tuesday of recent elections shows deep pockets are far from an assurance of electoral success.
WASHINGTON - White House chief of staff Denis McDonough was ready to vent.
CHICAGO - Attorney General Eric Holder announced in Chicago on Monday that the federal government would make more money available to help the nation's third largest city fight persistent street violence.
CHICAGO - The images are startling. Billowing black clouds darken the daytime sky as wind-driven grit pelts homes and cars and forces bewildered residents to take cover.
CHICAGO - Vice President Joe Biden's trip to Chicago has included the opening of a domestic violence shelter and a talk with University of Chicago students.
CHICAGO - Users of electronic cigarettes could soon find themselves subject to Chicago's smoking ban as the city tries to limit the use of the battery-powered nicotine vapor inhalers, which have become popular among minors and young adults.
CHICAGO - Numerous elected officials from across Illinois along with advocates are in attendance for the signing of a bill that'll make Illinois the 16th state to allow same-sex marriage.
CHICAGO - Luol Deng and the Chicago Bulls found a way to win, so this ugly game looked just fine to them.
CHICAGO - Chicago's mayor has delivered a message to comedian Jon Stewart: Don't diss his city's prized pizza.
CHICAGO - Chicago's mayor has delivered a message to comedian Jon Stewart: Don't diss the deep dish.
NEW YORK - They set out to build the tallest skyscraper in the world - a giant that would rise a symbolic 1,776 feet from the ashes of ground zero.
CHICAGO - Acclaimed chef Charlie Trotter was remembered Monday for turning Chicago into an international culinary destination, mentoring countless aspiring chefs and even inviting the homeless into his restaurant's kitchen to sit and eat at one of the most famous tables in the world.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Legislature wrapped up its official 2013 calendar last week after voting to legalize gay marriage, but it made little progress on fixing the state's pension crisis, gun control, ethics reform and other parts of Gov. Pat Quinn's agenda.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A push to fight crime by imposing stiffer penalties for having guns on urban streets came to a halt Thursday when black lawmakers in the Illinois House used a procedural measure to stall proposed legislation, saying the bill was too focused on locking up young men.
CHICAGO - Chicago is expanding a program that provides breast cancer screenings on the city's South Side.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois is set to become the 15th state and largest in the heartland to allow same-sex couples to marry.
November 4, 2013