- Chicago mayor hopes court appeal can save Lucas museum Updated: May-04-16 3:10 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is turning to a federal appeals court in his increasingly desperate attempt to keep filmmaker George Lucas from building his museum in another city.
- Goodell: NFL ready to move on from 'Deflategate' Updated: Apr-27-16 10:11 pm
CHICAGO - As far as NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is concerned, the league is ready to move on from "Deflategate."
- Chicago police review 2011 case, strip 2 officers of powers Updated: Apr-22-16 9:10 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago police are reviewing officers' use of force in a 2011 robbery and two officers have been stripped of their powers pending the outcome of an investigation.
- Chicago union says clock has started toward teachers' strike Updated: Apr-17-16 1:34 am
CHICAGO - The Chicago Teachers Union said on Saturday the countdown toward a possible strike had begun after it rejected the recommendation of a neutral arbitrator that it accept a contract offer from the nation's third-largest school system.
- Chicago police task force recommends wide range of reforms Updated: Apr-13-16 6:22 pm
CHICAGO - A task force that reviewed Chicago police practices in the wake of several police shootings of young black men has issued recommendations for sweeping changes, including hiring an inspector general and overhauling union contracts.
- Chicago paying for youth job program that lost state funds Updated: Apr-11-16 2:13 pm
CHICAGO - The city of Chicago will pay for a program that teaches young people how to repair bicycles after it lost funding from both the state of Illinois and the Archdiocese of Chicago.
- Democrats push for overhaul of Illinois education funding Updated: Apr-06-16 5:41 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Democrats are attempting to overhaul public schools funding for the first time since 1997 with a plan that would gradually shift money from wealthy districts to poorer areas in an effort to ensure the amount of money spent on education across the state is more equitable.