- Bayern Munich and Ribery top weekly AP poll Updated: Dec-10-13 10:50 am
- Bayern Munich and Ribery top weekly AP soccer poll Updated: Dec-10-13 9:51 am
- Suarez scores again, Liverpool beats West Ham 4-1 Updated: Dec-07-13 1:36 pm
- Suarez invokes comparisons with Messi, Ronaldo Updated: Dec-05-13 1:14 pm
- Suarez gives Liverpool 5-1 win over Norwich Updated: Dec-04-13 5:21 pm
- Liverpool striker Sturridge out for up to 8 weeks Updated: Dec-01-13 12:21 pm
- Liverpool loses 3-1 at Hull in Premier League Updated: Dec-01-13 12:12 pm
- Sturridge salvages draw for Liverpool at Everton Updated: Nov-23-13 10:21 am
- Uruguay earns 32nd and final World Cup berth Updated: Nov-20-13 8:20 pm
- Uruguay becomes final team to qualify for WCup Updated: Nov-20-13 8:20 pm
- Mexico qualifies for 6th straight World Cup Updated: Nov-20-13 11:42 am
- France, Portugal reach World Cup Updated: Nov-20-13 11:37 am
- Uruguay crushes Jordan 5-0 in WCup playoff Updated: Nov-13-13 2:06 pm
LONDON - Bayern Munich received 166 points out of a possible 170 to top this week's Associated Press global football poll.
LONDON - Bayern Munich received 166 points out of a possible 170 in topping this week's Associated Press global soccer poll after it thrashed Werder Bremen 7-0.
LIVERPOOL, England - Striker Luis Suarez scored his fifth goal in two games as Liverpool beat West Ham 4-1 Saturday to keep the pressure on Arsenal at the top of the Premier League.
By mixing jaw-dropping goals with a growing list of brushes with controversy, Luis Suarez divides opinion like perhaps no other player in world football.
LIVERPOOL, England - Luis Suarez put on a one-man show in the Premier League on Wednesday, scoring four goals in Liverpool's 5-1 win over Norwich - including two stunning strikes that were part of a first-half hat trick.
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge could be sidelined for up to eight weeks after spraining his ankle during training earlier this week.
HULL, England - Hull beat Liverpool 3-1 in the Premier League on Sunday for its first ever victory against the Merseyside club.
LIVERPOOL, England - Daniel Sturridge scored a late equalizer to salvage a 3-3 draw for Liverpool in a pulsating Merseyside derby against fierce rival Everton in the Premier League.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Uruguay claimed the 32nd and final berth at next year's World Cup, tying Jordan 0-0 Wednesday night for a 5-0 aggregate win in the South American-Asian playoff.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Uruguay claimed the 32nd and final place at next year's World Cup in Brazil with a 0-0 draw against Jordan in the second leg of an intercontinental playoff Wednesday.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Mexico needed to travel an extra 14,000 miles to reach next year's World Cup.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored a dazzling hat trick to lift Portugal into next year's World Cup at the expense of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's Sweden, and France came back in remarkable fashion to overtake Ukraine for a berth in the 32-nation field for next year's tournament in Brazil.
AMMAN, Jordan - Uruguay looks almost certain to qualify for the 2014 World Cup after crushing Jordan 5-0 in Ammi'an on Wednesday in the first leg of their intercontinental playoff.