- 5 things to know about the English Premier League Updated: Apr-17-14 7:14 am
- Liverpool boosted by diagnosis of Sturridge injury Updated: Apr-16-14 12:18 pm
- Liverpool beats City 3-2, on course for EPL title Updated: Apr-13-14 2:50 pm
- Ghana seeks to make World Cup history for Africa Updated: Apr-11-14 5:50 am
- 5 Argentina players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-10-14 6:02 am
- 5 Costa Rica players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-09-14 5:24 am
- Uruguay: The small country nobody wants to face Updated: Apr-09-14 5:21 am
- Costa Rica hopes defense can hold up in World Cup Updated: Apr-09-14 5:21 am
- Uruguay led by Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani Updated: Apr-09-14 5:20 am
- Italy, England and Uruguay lead group of champions Updated: Apr-09-14 5:17 am
- Liverpool beats West Ham 2-1 to retake top spot Updated: Apr-06-14 1:02 pm
- Marco Reus, Liverpool top AP weekly soccer poll Updated: Apr-01-14 1:03 pm
- Liverpool beats Spurs 4-0, tops Premier League Updated: Mar-30-14 2:47 pm
- Liverpool beat Cardiff 6-3 away from home in EPL Updated: Mar-22-14 1:12 pm
MANCHESTER, England - A run of 10 straight victories has propelled Liverpool to the top of the Premier League and into the unfamiliar position of title favorite.
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool's Premier League title hopes have been boosted by a positive injury prognosis on striker Daniel Sturridge.
LIVERPOOL, England - Embracing his teammates after a hugely significant win in the Premier League title race, Steven Gerrard looked to the skies and cried tears of joy.
ACCRA, Ghana - Ghana came awfully close to being the first African team to reach the World Cup semifinals, its progress halted by a handball from Uruguay striker Luis Suarez and Asamoah Gyan's miss from the resulting penalty.
With a squad packed full of talent from Europe's top clubs, Argentina is certainly one of the title contenders at this year's World Cup.
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - Three of the teams in Group D are loaded with famous players, like Italy striker Mario Balotelli, England forward Wayne Rooney and Uruguay striker Luis Suarez. The odd one out is Costa Rica.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Diego Forlan recorded a television commercial recently wearing a T-shirt that read: "We're not the favorites, nor will we be a surprise. We are the team that no one wants to draw."
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - Despite qualifying for the World Cup with the best defensive record in CONCACAF, Costa Rica is still a heavy underdog to get out of a group containing England, Italy and Uruguay.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Although Uruguay is a small country with only 3.2 million people, it has produced some big talent.
ROME - With three former champions in Italy, England and Uruguay, plus unpredictable Costa Rica, Group D could be the World Cup's toughest.
LONDON - Liverpool reclaimed top spot in the Premier League after two penalties from captain Steven Gerrard helped his team beat West Ham 2-1 Sunday.
Liverpool has earned team honors for the third time this season in The Associated Press soccer poll.
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool took advantage of an inept defensive display by Tottenham to cruise to a 4-0 win at Anfield on Sunday and return to the top of the Premier League for the first time since December.
CARDIFF, Wales - Luis Suarez scored a hat trick as Liverpool twice came from behind to beat Cardiff City 6-3 in the English Premier League on Saturday.