- Jara being investigated for provoking Cavani at Copa America Updated: Jun-25-15 2:48 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - South American football officials will look into the actions of Chile defender Gonzalo Jara, who was caught on video poking Edinson Cavani's behind to provoke a red card in the Copa America quarterfinals.
- Host Chile beats Uruguay to reach Copa America semifinals Updated: Jun-25-15 1:33 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - Chile's hopes of winning its home Copa America sharply improved with a 1-0 win over defending champion Uruguay on Wednesday.
- Messi vs. James again - now in Copa America quarterfinals Updated: Jun-22-15 2:36 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Lionel Messi and James Rodriguez are about to meet again. They've left their clubs behind - Barcelona and Real Madrid - and this time Messi is wearing Argentina's blue and white and Rodriguez the red, blue and yellow of Colombia.
- Aguero gives Argentina 1-0 win over Uruguay in Copa America Updated: Jun-16-15 11:30 pm
LA SERENA, Chile - Sergio Aguero scored early in the second half to give Argentina an important 1-0 win over defending champion Uruguay in the Copa America on Tuesday, moving the title-favorites into strong position to advance past the group stage of the South American tournament.
- Uruguay defeats Jamaica 1-0 on Cristian Rodriguez goal Updated: Jun-13-15 7:32 pm
ANTOFAGASTA, Chile - Defending champion Uruguay defeated Jamaica 1-0 in their Copa America opener on Saturday.
- Messi, Neymar try not to be upstaged at Copa America Updated: Jun-10-15 9:53 am
- Champions League highlights importance of Europe to FIFA Updated: Jun-07-15 2:18 pm
BERLIN - As the powerbrokers of European soccer celebrated their championship weekend and some jokingly congratulated themselves for staying out of jail, many said that the next FIFA president needs to do a better job of listening to the continent that pays most of the bills.
- Things learned from Barcelona's Champions League win Updated: Jun-07-15 2:04 am
BERLIN - Looking ahead to next year's Champions League final: Can the newly crowned champion, Barcelona, defend the European title it won so spectacularly against Juventus?
- Slick Barca cruise past Juventus to win Champions League Updated: Jun-06-15 7:06 pm
BERLIN - Barcelona's mighty attacking trio of Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar won the Champions League on Saturday with a 3-1 victory over Juventus that showed the beauty of fluent and attacking football after days of scandal that have tarnished the sport.
- Luis Suarez scores decisive goal, still annoys Updated: Jun-06-15 6:35 pm
BERLIN - Never one to avoid controversy, Luis Suarez came through for Barcelona just when it needed him most.
- The Latest: Barcelona 45 minutes away from CL glory Updated: Jun-06-15 3:51 pm
BERLIN - The Latest from the Champions League final:
- Barca's fearsome front 3 firing the side to success Updated: Jun-05-15 12:22 pm
BERLIN - The most fearsome attack in world football has fired Barcelona to the verge of its fourth Champions League title in a decade. Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar have scored 25 of Barcelona's 28 goals on the way to the final and few are betting against them leading the club to a record second treble on Saturday.
- Chiellini out of Champions League final, no Suarez reunion Updated: Jun-04-15 9:38 am
TURIN, Italy - Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has been ruled out of the Champions League final against Barcelona because of a left calf injury, robbing the Italian side of one of its most important players.
- 5 Barcelona players to watch in Champions League final Updated: Jun-03-15 3:12 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - The "best player in history" for his coach, an "extraterrestrial" for his rivals, Lionel Messi is the undisputed leading man of the Champions League final in Berlin on Saturday.