- Anelka accused of undermining anti-racism programs Updated: Mar-06-14 12:27 pm
- Austria, Uruguay draw 1-1 in World Cup warm-up Updated: Mar-05-14 5:21 pm
- Madrid 1st in AP soccer poll, Robben top player Updated: Mar-04-14 4:50 pm
- Madrid 1st in AP football poll, Robben top player Updated: Mar-04-14 11:51 am
- Chelsea builds EPL lead; Bayern 20 points in front Updated: Mar-01-14 6:06 pm
- Rampant Liverpool moves 2nd in Premier League Updated: Mar-01-14 4:09 pm
- FA ban Anelka for 5 games over quenelle gesture Updated: Feb-27-14 2:09 pm
- Liverpool works hard for 4-3 win against Swansea Updated: Feb-23-14 12:47 pm
- Liverpool, Manchester United announce US opponents Updated: Feb-20-14 8:15 pm
- Gerrard scores winner as Liverpool beats Fulham Updated: Feb-12-14 5:52 pm
- Forlan set for next challenge in Japan Updated: Feb-12-14 6:44 am
- Quotes from voters in AP Global Football 10 Updated: Feb-11-14 11:27 am
- Liverpool thrashes Arsenal 5-1 Updated: Feb-08-14 3:08 pm
LONDON - Former France striker Nicolas Anelka has been accused of undermining efforts to banish discrimination from football by celebrating a goal in a globally televised match with a racially aggravated gesture.
KLAGENFURT, Austria - Midfielder Alvaro Pereira scored a second-half equalizer to help Uruguay draw 1-1 with Austria in the South Americans' World Cup warmup game on Wednesday.
LONDON - Real Madrid's 6-1 thrashing of Schalke followed by its 2-2 draw with La Liga title rival Atletico Madrid sent it to the top of this week's Associated Press global soccer poll.
LONDON - Real Madrid's 6-1 thrashing of Schalke followed by its 2-2 draw with La Liga title rival Atletico Madrid sent it to the top of this week's Associated Press global football poll.
LONDON - As the tightest English Premier League title race in years is playing out, the Bundesliga is witnessing its most one-sided.
SOUTHAMPTON, England - Liverpool continued its impressive title challenge with Luis Suarez inspiring a 3-0 victory at Southampton that moved the club to second behind Chelsea in the English Premier League on Saturday.
LONDON - Nicolas Anelka was banned for five games by the English Football Association on Thursday and immediately suspended by West Bromwich Albion for a racially aggravated goal celebration.
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool beat Swansea 4-3 on Sunday to maintain its Premier League title challenge thanks to two goals each from Daniel Sturridge and Jordan Henderson.
LONDON - Steven Gerrard scored a last-minute penalty as Liverpool followed up its weekend thrashing of Arsenal with a gritty 3-2 win at last-place Fulham in the Premier League on Wednesday to revive its title campaign.
OSAKA, Japan - Uruguay forward Diego Forlan says he had no hesitation about taking his career to Japan where he will become the most high-profile player in the J-League in years.
LONDON - Paolo Condo, Gazzetta dello Sport, Italy
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool did not even need Luis Suarez to make Arsenal look less than ordinary as the Reds went on a scoring rampage - netting four times in the first 20 minutes on Saturday in a 5-1 Premier League thrashing of the Gunners.