- Cummings says Issa apologized and he accepts Updated: Mar-06-14 11:32 pm
- Former IRS official refuses to testify at hearing Updated: Mar-05-14 3:47 pm
- Republicans blast FDA monitoring of whistleblowers Updated: Feb-26-14 5:27 pm
- AP Exclusive: Health law cybersecurity challenges Updated: Feb-25-14 4:47 pm
- New politics shop aims to keep Obama, Dems in tune Updated: Feb-21-14 3:37 am
- NY officials: Agreement for $8B Medicaid waiver Updated: Feb-13-14 8:41 pm
WASHINGTON - Rep. Elijah Cummings said Thursday night that California Republican Rep. Darrell Issa called him and apologized for refusing to let Cummings speak during an IRS hearing. The Maryland Democrat said he accepted the apology.
WASHINGTON - The former Internal Revenue Service official at the heart of the controversy over the agency's targeting of conservative groups once again refused to answer questions at a House hearing Wednesday amid signs that a congressional investigation into the affair may be stalling.
WASHINGTON - Republican lawmakers blasted the Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday for secretly monitoring the emails of agency scientists who went public with allegations that they were pressured to approve certain medical devices.
WASHINGTON - As the Obama administration raced to meet its self-imposed deadline for online health insurance markets, security experts working for the government worried that state computer systems could become a back door for hackers.
WASHINGTON - For as long as Barack Obama has been president, Democrats have complained he's done far too little to help elect his party's candidates.
ALBANY, New York - New York reached an agreement Thursday with federal officials for a waiver that would allow the state to reinvest $8 billion in Medicaid savings that officials say will be used to support hospitals and improve health care.