- Oregon Senate backs governor's public records audit bill Updated: May-04-15 7:40 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Senate is unanimously backing Gov. Kate Brown's bill ordering a review of the state's compliance with public records laws.
- Court strikes down big chunk of public-employee pension cuts Updated: Apr-30-15 7:49 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Supreme Court ruled Thursday that some of the 2013 cuts to public-employee retirement benefits are unconstitutional, wiping out much of the savings lawmakers were aiming for and likely raising pension costs for state and local governments.
- GOP ethics bills get airing in Oregon House committee Updated: Apr-27-15 11:05 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Local government officials and lobbyists told an Oregon legislative committee Monday that it would be too expensive and time consuming to comply with a proposal to strengthen the state's public records laws.
- Governor seeks to turn the page in state of the state Updated: Apr-17-15 8:56 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Seeking to turn the page on the influence-peddling controversy that toppled her predecessor, Gov. Kate Brown said Friday that Oregon is "through the hardest part of that transition."
- Emails: Cylvia Hayes got involved with governor's blessing Updated: Apr-08-15 9:19 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The 94,000 emails between former first lady Cylvia Hayes and staff in the governor's office show Hayes regularly inserted herself in policy discussions with the blessing of her fiancee, then-Gov. John Kitzhaber.
- Oregon schools chief Rob Saxton resigns for job at district Updated: Apr-08-15 6:24 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The man chosen by former Gov. John Kitzhaber to head Oregon's public school system announced his resignation Wednesday.