- Judge: Cylvia Hayes can use 5th Amendment to withhold emails Updated: May-24-15 10:05 pm
SALEM, Oregon - An Oregon judge has ruled that Cylvia Hayes, the state's former first lady, can use her Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination to block the release of some of her personal emails.
- Gov. Kate Brown selects new Lane County judge Updated: May-17-15 7:07 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Gov. Kate Brown has appointed Karrie McIntyre to fill a vacancy in Lane County Circuit Court.
- Michael Jordan to head Portland sewer bureau Updated: May-08-15 4:26 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A top aide to former Gov. John Kitzhaber has a new job at the city of Portland.
- Obama makes 4th visit to Oregon as president Updated: May-07-15 10:56 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - President Barack Obama got cheers from people lining downtown Portland streets as he arrived Thursday for a two-day visit but also drew protests from a small crowd of activists opposed to a planned trade deal.
- Oregon Senate backs governor's public records audit bill Updated: May-04-15 7:40 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Senate is unanimously backing Gov. Kate Brown's bill ordering a review of the state's compliance with public records laws.
- Court strikes down big chunk of public-employee pension cuts Updated: Apr-30-15 7:49 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Supreme Court ruled Thursday that some of the 2013 cuts to public-employee retirement benefits are unconstitutional, wiping out much of the savings lawmakers were aiming for and likely raising pension costs for state and local governments.
- GOP ethics bills get airing in Oregon House committee Updated: Apr-27-15 11:05 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Local government officials and lobbyists told an Oregon legislative committee Monday that it would be too expensive and time consuming to comply with a proposal to strengthen the state's public records laws.