- Clarification: Congress-Health Repeal story Updated: Nov-25-15 3:58 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story Nov. 24, The Associated Press listed Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., as one of several Republican senators who might find it difficult to vote for a bill eliminating federal money for Planned Parenthood.
- Aircraft to remain with New Hampshire National Guard Updated: Nov-24-15 3:16 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - U.S. Senators Kelly Ayotte and Jeanne Shaheen say a decision to remove a C-12 aircraft and personnel from the New Hampshire Army National Guard has been reversed.
- Republicans' tough Senate map gets another twist Updated: Nov-23-15 5:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Republicans' plans to defend their Senate majority in 2016 just got a bit more complicated.
- Republicans rush to shut borders to Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-18-15 9:40 am
WASHINGTON - Republicans urged an immediate closure of America's borders to Syrian refugees Tuesday, drawing angry denunciations from President Barack Obama and other Democrats and igniting an emotional debate about U.S. values in the wake of the deadly Paris terror attacks.
- EPA intends tougher downwind air-pollution rule in 23 states Updated: Nov-18-15 12:22 am
WASHINGTON - The Environmental Protection Agency proposed tougher new limits on Tuesday on smokestack emissions from nearly two dozen states that burden downwind areas with air pollution from power plants they can't control.
- EPA intends tougher downwind air-pollution rule in 23 states Updated: Nov-17-15 7:11 pm
WASHINGTON - The Environmental Protection Agency proposed tougher new limits on Tuesday on smokestack emissions from Texas and 22 other states that burden downwind areas with air pollution from power plants they can't control.
- Hassan, Ayotte say US should delay taking Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-16-15 3:15 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan said Monday the United States should halt the acceptance of Syrian refugees until intelligence and defense officials can assure a strong process for vetting refugees.
- Slain journalist Foley's family: Drone strike small solace Updated: Nov-13-15 12:23 pm
ROCHESTER, New Hampshire - The family of a journalist beheaded by an Islamic State group fighter known as Jihadi John said Friday that a U.S. drone strike targeting the extremist provides little comfort.
- Congress OKs bill banning Guantanamo detainees from US Updated: Nov-11-15 12:19 am
WASHINGTON - Congress sent President Barack Obama a $607 billion defense policy bill that he is expected to sign even though he adamantly opposes its ban on moving some Guantanamo Bay detainees to U.S. prisons.
- Analysis: Polarized politics dictated Obama Keystone call Updated: Nov-09-15 1:06 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's decision to block the Keystone XL oil pipeline has exposed an endlessly polarized Washington, and likely hardened its divides.
- Ayotte bill to help pregnant women dealing with addiction Updated: Nov-03-15 9:46 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte is introducing legislation to improve treatment programs for pregnant women and mothers who have a substance use disorder, including a pilot program that allows funds to help women in non-residential settings.