- NH leaders to welcome home troops from Afghanistan Updated: Dec-07-13 6:13 am
- Penny Lane: Gitmo's other secret CIA facility Updated: Nov-26-13 3:43 pm
- Senate paralyzed on what to do about Guantanamo Updated: Nov-19-13 7:30 pm
- Senate women unite in fighting sexual assault Updated: Nov-19-13 4:27 pm
- Senators argue against plan on military assault Updated: Nov-18-13 2:13 pm
- Health care dispute could delay Iran sanctions Updated: Nov-15-13 4:31 pm
- NH's Ray Burton of Executive Council dies at 74 Updated: Nov-12-13 7:49 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's elected officials will join the state's military leaders to welcome home a medevac unit that recently returned from Afghanistan.
WASHINGTON - A few hundred yards from the administrative offices of the Guantanamo Bay prison, hidden behind a ridge covered in thick scrub and cactus, sits a closely held secret.
WASHINGTON - Senators on Tuesday illustrated their paralysis over what to do with the Guantanamo Bay prison, voting down dueling bills to loosen and tighten restrictions on transferring detainees.
WASHINGTON - One by one, the women of the Senate stood up, speaking out about the scourge of sexual assault in the military and their collaborative effort to address the long-neglected issue.
WASHINGTON - Senate opponents of stripping military commanders of the authority to prosecute serious crimes such as rape and sexual assault said Monday that the proposal could make it worse for victims.
WASHINGTON - Under pressure from President Barack Obama, the Democratic-controlled Senate could delay a likely vote on a new round of tough sanctions on Iran.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - On Nov. 1, Ray Burton rolled up to the new Mount Washington overlook in his campaign car: A yellow 1975 Oldsmobile 88. There was a sitting governor riding along.