- Dems seek drug abuse funds as election-year issue sharpens Updated: Feb-11-16 4:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Congressional Democrats called Thursday for hundreds of millions in emergency spending to fight drug abuse but ran into Republican resistance as another health issue spiraled into an election-year showdown.
- The Latest: Senate Democrats laud Hassan's speech, goals Updated: Feb-04-16 5:15 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The Latest on Gov. Maggie Hassan's State of the State address: (all times local):
- In 2nd state of state, Hassan says drug abuse fight not over Updated: Feb-04-16 4:30 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - With her Statehouse term winding down and her U.S. Senate campaign beginning, Gov. Maggie Hassan used her final State of the State address Thursday to argue that fighting the opioid crisis, reauthorizing Medicaid expansion and investing in workforce development are equally important to New Hampshire's economic success.
- Senate Democrats block energy bill in impasse over Flint Updated: Feb-04-16 3:53 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats on Thursday blocked the first bipartisan energy bill in almost a decade after majority Republicans balked over sending hundreds of millions of dollars in emergency aid to Flint, Michigan, to fix and replace the city's lead-contaminated pipes.
- Manchester police chief testifies at congressional hearing Updated: Jan-27-16 12:12 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Manchester's police chief has testified at a congressional hearing in Washington on the opioid abuse epidemic in New Hampshire.
- AP FACT CHECK: Benghazi movie misstates some facts Updated: Jan-20-16 3:53 am
WASHINGTON - Michael Bay's new film, "13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi," tells the story of the deadly Sept. 11, 2012, attacks in Libya through the heroics of the private security contractors assigned to protect Americans.
- 4-star admiral to keynote annual MLK dinner in New Hampshire Updated: Jan-18-16 11:01 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's annual "Keeping the Dream Alive" dinner honoring the work of Martin Luther King Jr. will feature as keynote speaker the U.S. Navy's first female, African American four-star admiral.
- Fewer than 100 Guantanamo prisoners left as 10 leave to Oman Updated: Jan-14-16 7:27 pm
MIAMI - Ten prisoners from Yemen who were held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, have been released and sent to the Middle Eastern nation of Oman for resettlement, officials said Thursday, portraying it as a significant milestone in the long-stalled effort to shutter the detention center.
- Shaheen asks VA to speed up payments to providers Updated: Jan-14-16 4:13 pm
SOMERSWORTH, New Hampshire - U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen is asking the secretary of veterans affairs to help speed up payments to health care providers through the Veterans Choice Program.
- Contractor's death in Saudi Arabia unresolved a year later Updated: Jan-14-16 1:43 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A year after an American contractor was found dead in Saudi Arabia, his family doesn't buy a police account indicating he killed himself, and they fear the case has been closed.