- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases Updated: Mar-06-14 9:17 pm
- Identities sought of 21 men killed at Pearl Harbor Updated: Mar-06-14 11:40 am
- Senate bill targets motorcycle-only checkpoints Updated: Mar-05-14 4:30 pm
- NH airport tower to remain open round-the-clock Updated: Feb-28-14 4:26 pm
- East Coast fishing communities get disaster aid Updated: Feb-26-14 4:41 pm
- Congress signals tough fight for Pentagon plan Updated: Feb-25-14 4:49 pm
- 1st woman US district judge in NH sworn in Updated: Feb-21-14 6:26 pm
- NH senators, Shea-Porter call for track inspection Updated: Feb-20-14 5:05 am
- Contaminated water woes solved for NH town Updated: Feb-14-14 9:10 am
- Congress clears bill ending military pension cuts Updated: Feb-12-14 4:43 pm
WASHINGTON - Bowing to the Pentagon, the Senate agreed after impassioned debate Thursday to leave the authority to prosecute rapes and other serious crimes with military commanders in a struggle that highlighted the growing role of women in Congress.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The remains of 21 sailors killed in the attack on Pearl Harbor and buried as unknowns should be identified and returned to their families, a group of U.S. senators said Thursday.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Senators from New Hampshire, Wisconsin and West Virginia have introduced legislation to end federal funding for motorcycle-only checkpoints.
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's congressional delegation says the Federal Aviation Administration has assured them there are no plans to close the control tower at the Manchester airport overnight.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - East Coast states will receive nearly $36 million in disaster relief funding for communities that have suffered severe economic losses due to declining fish populations, the federal government announced Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - Lawmakers signaled a difficult battle ahead for the Obama administration's plan to dramatically overhaul the nation's military, voicing opposition Tuesday to proposed cuts in benefit packages, long-standing weapons programs and bases that mean money and jobs across America.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Landya McCafferty brought extra excitement to her swearing-in ceremony Friday to a federal judgeship in New Hampshire simply by being a woman.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Members of New Hampshire's congressional delegation are supporting four Seacoast communities as they urge the Federal Railroad Administration to conduct a safety inspection of rail tracks that may be used to transport propane.
ATKINSON, New Hampshire - Homes in a New Hampshire town that have contaminated water in their wells now can connect to a municipal water system.
WASHINGTON - Congress voted Wednesday to restore full cost-of-living pension increases for younger military retirees, completing a bipartisan capitulation to veterans groups that rose up against a modest cut when it was enacted less than two months ago.