- 5 things to know about the Spanish league Updated: Mar-06-14 8:45 am
- Ukraine beats US 2-0 in soccer exhibition Updated: Mar-06-14 5:27 am
- Neymar hat trick, Ronaldo record in WCup warmups Updated: Mar-06-14 12:29 am
- Brazil warms up in style; Spain, France win Updated: Mar-06-14 12:26 am
- Ronaldo sets all-time scoring record for Portugal Updated: Mar-05-14 6:19 pm
- Madrid 1st in AP soccer poll, Robben top player Updated: Mar-04-14 4:50 pm
- Madrid 1st in AP football poll, Robben top player Updated: Mar-04-14 11:51 am
- World Cup teams mark 99 days to go with friendlies Updated: Mar-03-14 11:16 am
- Portugal coach hands 20-year-olds a 1st call-up Updated: Feb-28-14 8:18 am
- Antoine Griezmann called up in France squad Updated: Feb-27-14 10:42 am
- Real outclasses Schalke 6-1 Updated: Feb-26-14 7:23 pm
- Real's long wait over as it goes top in Spain Updated: Feb-24-14 9:09 am
- Spain gets nice draw for Euro 2016 qualifiers Updated: Feb-23-14 10:51 am
- Atletico's Manquillo out with fractured vertebra Updated: Feb-12-14 11:45 am
MADRID - Real Madrid's advantage at the top of the Spanish league has been squeezed down to a single point over Barcelona, and Atletico Madrid is only three points behind.
LARNACA, Cyprus - One banner in the stands read "Ukraine is Undivided!" on the top and "One Country - One Team!" on the bottom. Ukrainian fans sang their nation's anthem in the final moments, and some broke into a chant of "No war in Ukraine!" after the final whistle.
Neymar scored his second international hat trick to lead Brazil over South Africa 5-0 Wednesday night and Cristiano Ronaldo had a pair of goals to set Portugal's career scoring record in a 5-1 win over Cameroon as all 32 World Cup teams prepared for the tournament.
LONDON - Brazil showed its national team is in better shape than the country's stadiums with a 5-0 thrashing of South Africa on Wednesday, and defending champion Spain overcame Italy 1-0 in its final big test before the tournament kicks off, as teams prepared for the World Cup in a series of friendly matches.
LEIRIA, Portugal - Cristiano Ronaldo became Portugal's all-time leading scorer Wednesday, netting twice as Portugal thrashed Cameroon 5-1 in a warm-up match between teams preparing for the World Cup.
LONDON - Real Madrid's 6-1 thrashing of Schalke followed by its 2-2 draw with La Liga title rival Atletico Madrid sent it to the top of this week's Associated Press global soccer poll.
LONDON - Real Madrid's 6-1 thrashing of Schalke followed by its 2-2 draw with La Liga title rival Atletico Madrid sent it to the top of this week's Associated Press global football poll.
LONDON - World Cup contenders will hope to find out this week if they are better prepared for the tournament than some of the Brazilian stadiums they will be playing in.
LISBON, Portugal - Ivan Cavaleiro and Rafa, two of Portugal's best young players, have earned their first senior call-ups for next week's friendly against Cameroon.
PARIS - France coach Didier Deschamps called up forward Antoine Griezmann on Thursday for a friendly against the Netherlands.
GELSENKIRCHEN, Germany - Real Madrid staked its claim as the main challenger to Bayern Munich's supremacy in Europe with a 6-1 rout of Schalke on Wednesday.
MADRID - Real Madrid's long wait to be back on top of the Spanish league is finally over. And it wasn't all due to Cristiano Ronaldo.
NICE, France - Two-time defending European champion Spain faces a seemingly comfortable road to defend its title at Euro 2016 after being drawn Sunday with Luxembourg, Macedonia, Belarus, Slovakia and Ukraine for the qualifiers.
MADRID - Atletico Madrid defender Javier Manquillo will be sidelined for four to six weeks after breaking a vertebra in the Copa del Rey semifinal defeat.