- Tigers lose to Dodgers 3-2 in 10 innings Updated: Apr-09-14 3:39 am
- Tigers led by cool, calm and collected Brad Ausmus Updated: Apr-07-14 6:01 pm
- Orioles beat Tigers 3-1, handing them 1st loss Updated: Apr-06-14 5:36 pm
- Dombrowski puts baseball's growth in perspective Updated: Apr-01-14 5:33 pm
- APNewsBreak: Dodgers set payroll record at $234M Updated: Mar-30-14 9:45 pm
- Ausmus, Tigers host Royals in opener Updated: Mar-30-14 3:47 pm
- Trout, Angels both thrilled with big new contract Updated: Mar-29-14 8:02 pm
- Venez. hometown celebrates Cabrera's record payday Updated: Mar-29-14 5:02 pm
- Trout, Angels agree to $144.5 million, 6-year deal Updated: Mar-29-14 1:00 pm
- Dodgers top Angels after teams play through 'quake Updated: Mar-29-14 3:12 am
- James' triple-double helps Heat pound Pistons Updated: Mar-28-14 10:47 pm
- Cabrera goes 1 for 3 after deal, Tigers top Rays Updated: Mar-28-14 10:16 pm
- LeBron James wowed by Miguel Cabrera's contract Updated: Mar-28-14 9:35 pm
- BASEBALL 2014: Major shifts all around the majors Updated: Mar-28-14 7:13 pm
- Tigers' Cabrera gets record $292M, 10-year deal Updated: Mar-28-14 6:49 pm
- 5 Things Miguel Cabrera's big deal can buy Updated: Mar-28-14 6:42 pm
- Harang hit hard in Braves debut, a 9-3 loss Updated: Mar-27-14 6:18 pm
- MLB 2014: Pitching prospects could have impact Updated: Mar-26-14 9:11 pm
- Verlander sharp in tuneup, Tigers edge Phils 1-0 Updated: Mar-26-14 6:01 pm
- Hurting Rangers missing several expected pieces Updated: Mar-26-14 1:30 pm
- Tigers still among AL favorites despite injuries Updated: Mar-25-14 6:57 pm
- Ortiz, Red Sox agree to 2015 contract plus options Updated: Mar-24-14 1:56 am
- Tigers closer Joe Nathan gives up 4 runs in 9th Updated: Mar-23-14 8:42 pm
- Encarnacion homers, Blue Jays beat Tigers 9-4 Updated: Mar-22-14 7:00 pm
- MLB 2014: West teams chase low-budget Athletics Updated: Mar-20-14 4:33 pm
LOS ANGELES - Brad Ausmus returned to Dodger Stadium for the first time as a major league manager and found the place no different than during his final season as a player. The home team is still getting clutch hits and pulling out dramatic wins.
DETROIT - Brad Ausmus seems to be really smart, as one would expect a Dartmouth graduate to be.
DETROIT - Chris Tillman gave up only one run in a second straight start.
DETROIT - Shortly before the start of a spring training game last month, Dave Dombrowski paused briefly to sign a few autographs for fans.
NEW YORK - The Los Angeles Dodgers set a record with an opening-day payroll of $234 million Sunday, according to a study of big league contracts by The Associated Press.
DETROIT - Brad Ausmus expects to approach his managerial debut with the same relaxed attitude he showed throughout spring training.
ANAHEIM, California - Mike Trout gave a big wave when he bounded onto the stage at the Los Angeles Angels' fan fiesta Saturday, a plaid dress shirt tucked underneath his red No. 27 jersey. The crowd responded with wild cheers and "M-V-P!" chants for the best young player in baseball.
MARACAY, Venezuela - As he watches over dozens of children training on the field where his nephew learned the game, Miguel Cabrera's uncle is proud of the news that the Detroit Tigers slugger has netted the richest contract in history of any U.S. sport.
LOS ANGELES - Mike Trout and the Los Angeles Angels agreed Friday night to a $144.5 million, six-year contract, keeping baseball's brightest young star under club control through 2020.
LOS ANGELES - Playing through an earthquake that was felt in the ballpark, the Los Angeles Dodgers beat the Angels 5-4 in 10 innings Friday night after rookie Joc Pederson hit a tying home run in the eighth.
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - LeBron James took a look at the stat sheet after three quarters and liked what he saw.
LAKELAND, Florida - Miguel Cabrera had a single in three at-bats soon after the announcement of his $292 million, 10-year contract as the Detroit Tigers topped the Tampa Bay Rays 6-3 Friday in the final Grapefruit League game for both teams.
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - Miami Heat star LeBron James might have been talented enough to make a living in football. It sounds as if he wishes he could hit the long ball.
Mike Scioscia moved his left fielder onto the infield dirt, then watched him start a double play. Matt Williams tried a similar trick - he put his right fielder on the grass behind the mound, only to see a bases-loaded triple fly into the vacated spot.
LAKELAND, Florida - This is one number put up by Miguel Cabrera that is not subject to debate.
Miguel Cabrera scored the richest contract in U.S. sports history, reaching a $292 million deal over 10 years with the Tigers.
LAKELAND, Florida - Aaron Harang made his Atlanta Braves debut, allowing six runs, including a long homer to Miguel Cabrera, while pitching into the sixth inning of a 9-3 loss to the Detroit Tigers on Thursday.
Some of the young arms have arrived, and a few more will make it to the majors this summer. Either way, there are a lot of promising pitching prospects poised to impact the playoff races in 2014.
CLEARWATER, Florida - In his last start of the spring, Justin Verlander outdueled Cliff Lee, shutting out the Phillies over 6 1-3 innings in the Tigers' 1-0 win.
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas Rangers are already hurting significantly even before the start of a new season.
DETROIT - When Justin Verlander takes the mound for Detroit on opening day, maybe then the Tigers will be able to enjoy a much-needed sense of normalcy.
FORT MYERS, Florida - Big Papi is staying put.