- General Assembly adjourns without Va. budget Updated: Mar-09-14 8:53 am
- Va. developer, state board member sued by US Updated: Mar-08-14 11:40 am
- Obama warns party to focus on 2014, not 2016 Updated: Mar-08-14 3:22 am
- Va. panel on military base closings issues report Updated: Mar-05-14 11:48 am
- Kentucky's top Democrats divided by gay marriage Updated: Mar-04-14 6:07 pm
- Official who investigated attack on senator quits Updated: Mar-04-14 3:20 pm
- Va. GOP leader urges feds to probe appointment Updated: Mar-03-14 5:50 pm
- Virginia has history of opposition to public aid Updated: Mar-03-14 1:13 pm
- Governors, DC mayor commit $75 million to Metro Updated: Feb-26-14 5:37 pm
- Va. governor signs repeal of hybrid vehicle tax Updated: Feb-26-14 11:41 am
- Courses unveiled for 2015 World Championships Updated: Feb-25-14 5:32 pm
- Va. reserve officer found dead honored at memorial Updated: Feb-17-14 6:16 pm
- Va. House, Senate unveil competing budgets Updated: Feb-16-14 6:28 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia lawmakers left Richmond Saturday without accomplishing their most important task: passing a roughly $96 billion budget for the next two years.
ROANOKE, Virginia - A Radford real estate developer who is also a member of a state board has been accused by the U.S. Labor Department of diverting funds from his company's pension plan.
WASHINGTON - Democrats could get walloped in the November elections. The party gets sleepy and distracted in the midterms. And its supporters simply may not show up to vote.
NORFOLK, Virginia - A state commission created to soften the blow of military base closings in Virginia is proposing cooperation over confrontation, a tack that is finding little political support.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Two of Kentucky's top Democrats split sharply Tuesday over same-sex marriage, with Gov. Steve Beshear saying outside lawyers will be hired to appeal a decision granting recognition to gay couples married in other states after the attorney general announced he would not pursue the case.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A state investigator who examined the events leading to an attack on a Virginia state senator by his son has resigned, complaining of interference by his superiors, according to a letter of resignation released Tuesday.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Republican Party chairman on Monday urged federal prosecutors to investigate Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe's appointment of a longtime GOP operative to the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board.
RICHMOND, Virginia - In pushing for a large scale expansion of Medicaid eligibility, Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe isn't just up against House Republicans who are leery of supporting a key aspect of President Obama's signature health care law. He's also trying to upend the commonwealth's long tradition of resistance to public aid.
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia have each committed $25 million to fund upgrades to the Metro transit system.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe has added his signature to legislation to repeal the state's $64 annual fee on hybrid vehicles.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The organizing committee for the 2015 UCI Road World Championships unveiled the courses for the nine-day event on Tuesday, and the layouts not only will provide stern tests for the premier bicycle racers in the world, but also highlight the best of what Richmond offers to a worldwide television audience.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A Waynesboro reserve police officer found dead Feb. 6 was remembered Monday as a dedicated, unflappable public servant with a ready smile.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia House and Senate unveiled budget proposals Sunday with competing views on whether to accept federal funds to provide health insurance to low-income Virginians.