- Baucus casts wide shadow over Montana Senate race Updated: Apr-18-14 5:08 pm
- Candidates try to stand out in crowded GOP field Updated: Apr-17-14 2:44 pm
- John Lewis raises $300K for US House campaign Updated: Apr-14-14 7:04 am
- Daines raises $1.2M for quarter in Senate run Updated: Apr-11-14 1:39 pm
- Wildlife panel endorses Rocky Mountain Front act Updated: Apr-10-14 1:27 pm
- Northern Cheyenne coal swap goes back to Congress Updated: Apr-01-14 6:22 pm
- Montana Democratic Party endorses Walsh in primary Updated: Mar-25-14 5:16 pm
- Republicans spar over abortion in House debate Updated: Mar-25-14 1:23 pm
HELENA, Montana - Max Baucus' decision not to seek re-election to the Senate after 35 years opened the door for Republicans to pick up one of the six Democratic seats they need to recapture control of the Senate. But his early resignation after being named U.S. ambassador to China may have bolstered Democratic prospects of retaining the seat they've held for a century, thanks to the value of incumbency.
HELENA, Montana - Most of the money funneling into the Republican primary for Montana's open U.S. House seat is going to one candidate, leaving the others to look for ways to stand out and get their message heard in a crowded field.
HELENA, Montana - Democratic U.S. House candidate John Lewis has raised about $300,000 since the beginning of the year.
HELENA, Montana - U.S. Rep. Steve Daines has raised more than $1.2 million so far this year in his Senate run, outpacing his likely Democratic opponent in both contributions and cash in the bank, the Republican's campaign said Friday.
HELENA, Montana - Montana fish and wildlife commissioners are endorsing federal legislation to expand protections along the Rocky Mountain Front.
BILLINGS, Montana - Leaders of Montana's Northern Cheyenne tribe on Tuesday sought to revive a three-way coal swap involving the federal government and a Texas company after an earlier proposal stumbled in Congress.
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Democratic Party is endorsing Sen. John Walsh in the Democratic primary for the U.S. Senate seat over two other candidates who maintain the party should have remained neutral.
HELENA, Montana - Four Montana Republicans seeking to replace U.S. Rep. Steve Daines sparred over abortion but agreed on most other issues in their first debate ahead of a June 3 primary.