- Supreme Court debates challenge to execution drug Updated: Apr-29-15 4:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Supreme Court justices engaged in an impassioned debate Wednesday about capital punishment, trading unusually combative words in a case involving a drug used in several botched executions.
- Justices uphold limits on judges' appeals for campaign cash Updated: Apr-29-15 2:30 pm
WASHINGTON - A divided Supreme Court ruled Wednesday that states can ban judicial candidates from personally asking for campaign contributions, in a decision aimed at protecting the impartiality of elected judges.
- Justice Kennedy sent clearer signal in 2013 marriage case Updated: Apr-29-15 3:51 am
WASHINGTON - Two years ago, Justice Anthony Kennedy left little doubt during Supreme Court arguments that a part of the federal anti-gay marriage law was doomed.
- What they said: Supreme Court quotes on gay marriage Updated: Apr-28-15 3:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Excerpts from arguments before the Supreme Court on Tuesday about whether states must allow same-sex couples to marry and whether states must recognize gay marriages performed in other states:
- Court weighs excessive force against inmates awaiting trial Updated: Apr-27-15 2:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Amid a growing national debate over police use of force, the Supreme Court struggled Monday with a related question of claims of excessive force against jail officials by people who are accused but not yet convicted of crimes.
- High court makes it easier to sue government for negligence Updated: Apr-22-15 11:16 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Wednesday made it easier for people to sue the federal government for negligence, in a decision that could affect military veterans with claims of medical malpractice.
- High court: Energy companies must face price fixing claims Updated: Apr-21-15 10:45 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that energy companies can be sued under state antitrust laws for illegally manipulating natural gas prices more than a decade ago during California's energy crisis.
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia visits Arkansas college Updated: Apr-17-15 5:17 pm
MOUNTAIN HOME, Arkansas - Mountain Home recently got a visit from U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia.
- SUPREME COURT NOTEBOOK: Female justices honor O'Connor Updated: Apr-15-15 9:06 pm
WASHINGTON - All three female justices on the Supreme Court came together Wednesday to pay tribute to the life and continuing legacy of former Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, the first woman to serve on the high court.
- After 3rd high court protest, the most severe charges yet Updated: Apr-07-15 12:40 pm
WASHINGTON - In a sign prosecutors and the U.S. Supreme Court may be getting supremely steamed at protesters who've repeatedly disrupted court sessions, the latest group of demonstrators is facing the stiffest penalties yet.